My New Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
You know me Tony, I've been over on the VU forum following the G2 and Slice threads before I finally bought in (way back), partly due to some of YOUR reviews on them. I'm gonna give all my HohmTech devices a big hug tonight.

The only TC/TL I have EVER messed with is with the HohmTech devices and Kanthal/Nicr, that's it goblin, so I'm with you on that for sure. It took me a few days to figure out the G2/Slice settings to get it to work the way it is supposed to, but when I did, THAT was a game changer for me, and no buying all that fancy wire and letting all my Kanthal/NiCr just sit and decay (I have a good chunk of change wrapped up in it). I mean, I already had all this wire (a full, BIG tote of it, and all different kinds of twisted, single wire, from Quad 32g to single 26g) so when HohmTech came on the scene with their FSK chip it was almost too good to be true. TC/TL the way it was supposed to be. I'm distressed now. I need a drink. Where's my bottle of Jack ??:(
I hear you man..It's a shame I got 4 g2 and 2 slice. Hope they last forever lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yes, now I remember that video, but that was before all the updates I think. Talk about minimal wicking, I have a CV Hussar and a Berserker, both with 2mm coils in them, and one with Rayon (and a trimmed wick) and I have had no problems with either. My Hussar is with the 1.3mm air pin and my Berserker set on the 3rd smallest air hole for a tight restricted MTL draw and my Slice works Great in TC/TL with my Berserker and the Hussar works Great with my G2. Those setups have to be pretty tight for air flow and wicking, but still work great with my devices and the latest updates installed. That example (Phil) is the only example I have seen where anyone has had a problem setting up those devices (and I think Ben said something about the problem being with a TANK as a topper). I would not hesitate one second to fire up a HohmTech device with any Tank, RDA, RDTA, RTA GTA at all. Now a Clear-O I have not tried yet (like a Kanger AeroTank with those tiny EVOD coils) as I'm really past that stage in my vaping life (that's where I first started, with EVODS).

For those of us that use the HohmTech devices daily, I have NOT heard of a problem getting the FSK chip to perform as it should. Just so you know from someone that does use the devices daily and has from 12/10 of 2016 (I just looked up my invoice), and always in TC/TL Kanthal/NiCr FSK curve mode that's the only way I run my HohmTech devices (and have the latest updates installed), I use other devices like my Sinuous P80's or Presa 75TC's or 100TC's to vape in Power mode, and have installed ArcticFox on my WisMec devices also.

Anyway's, I'm not trying to argue, just set the record straight. HohmTech Devices are as safe as any other device out there to TC/TL with.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Maybe I need some help here @Anthony_Vapes . Does the G1 even TC/TL Kanthal/NiCr, or does it just do Ni200 and regular Power mode for Kanthal/NiCr ??
IIRC g1 is ni and ti only. Maybe does stainless. It doesn't do kanthal or xxx mode though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks Tony, I put up a post just before yours, sorry. The G1 was their first Device, and at the time really got the community all excited because of the Quality and Workmanship put into it. I remember reading that some were saying that it was Darn near Indestructible and should last for a Lifetime, plus the electronics were said to be extremely precise and accurate.

First device meaning, before the G2 and Slice, but maybe not before the "Skillet".

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread