My Review of the Druga Squonk Kit by Augvape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Augvape for the purpose of this review.

When I first received this kit, I was hyped. My first squonk device. I've used several mech mods in the past, and now I got a squonk kit. I was so interested in squonking, I almost ordered a ''Wasqueeze''. But here I am, enjoying the Druga Squonk Kit. I must say I really love squonking! Feels like I'm cheating, not having to drip.

Album of Pictures:

Specs and Features:

* 8ml juice bottle

* Ultem firing button

* Silver plated contact

* 22mm Druga RDA

Kit Content:

* Druga RDA 22mm

* Druga Squonk Mech Mod

* 8ml Juice Bottle

* Standard 510 pin for the Druga RDA

* Spare O-Rings

* Single Coil Adapter

* Allen Key

* 510 Drip Tip Adapter

Aesthetics:

The Druga Squonk Kit is a relatively small, compact kit. The 22mm Druga RDA is low profile, and in combination with the mod, it's not so bigger than my Al85 and Berserker kit. The mod and the RDA have different finishes. I received the Blue version, and if you checked the album of pictures, you can easily see the difference. The RDA has a blue anodized finish, while the mod has a matte finish. The base of the RDA is gold plated, so the color combination is not very handsome in my opinion.

Build Quality:

The Druga mod is made of plastic. This says a lot of things right? It's extremely lightweight, but it's also pretty easy to bend if you squeeze it harder in your hand (don't do this..). The fire button is made of Ultem, and it's pretty hard to press, I must say this is a pro in my opinion! Still, the mod is a big box of plastic, and the magnets on the battery door won't work unless you have a battery in the mod. The Druga RDA is built better, the top cap is beautiful, the airflow control works like a champ, the o-rings are not too loose or too tight, and the base is easy to use. Although I don't really like the deck style, it does the job.

Airflow Control:

The Druga RDA features an adjustable side airflow. This can be adjusted by twisting the upper part of the top cap. It has 2 oval shaped airflow slots, and you get an airflow reducer in the package, for those single coil builds. I like the airflow wide open, and my coils slightly raised, so it's a pseudo-bottom airflow, and I must say the flavor is on point.

Mod and Atomizer Performance:

Now, this is a mechanical mod!, use at your own risk! So the performance is managed by a lot of factors, like the coil resistance, coil mass, battery voltage and so on. I tried 2 builds. First: 5 wraps SS Fused Clapton (x2 28 Ga + 30 Ga) 2.5mm ID, dual coil. The resistance was around 0.28, and the ramp-up time was meh, still, after some draws, the coils were already heated and the Flavor and Cloud production was on point. Second build, same coils, except it was 4 wraps and 2mm ID. The resistance is around 0.18, and I must say, I feel comfortable and safe. I use a genuine VTC5A battery, and the vape is phenomenal. Sometimes, when you ''squonk''/squeeze the bottle, the battery tries to come out, as the mod is so compact on the inside that the batter is almost touching the liquid bottle. I've had no problems using the kit safely and enjoying it. But do not forget! It's a **mechanical mod** and RDA kit! So always check your calculations and ohms and battery info. The mod features a rotating nut, so the 510 connector can adapt to different 510 pin lengths of other atomizers, so always make sure the wider part of the nut can make contact with the fire button, so it can provide a good enjoyable experience.

Pros:

* Druga RDA - Flavor and Clouds on point.

* 8ml Juice Bottle

* No problems with squonking, everything works smoothly.

* Fire Button is pretty hard to press.

Cons:

* Battery and liquid bottle almost touch each other (they may be even touching).

Verdict:

This is a mechanical mod and an RDA! DO NOT forget that. Always make sure the battery wrap is in perfect condition, the resistance of your coils should not push your battery to extreme performance! Would I recommend this kit? Maybe. As a first-time squonk kit, I must say I'm amazed, it's really comfortable and very easy to use, but still I would recommend it to people who know their way around mechs. I would recommend the RDA more than the mod, as the mod is made of plastic and if it takes a fall I am very sure it would crack, and RIP Druga mod. I've been using this device a lot since I got it, but I don't have the ''courage'' to pocket it, I don't trust myself around mechs so much. Still, the kit does its job.

Thank you!

------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

My other reviews:

Eleaf Basal Kit: My Review of the Basal Kit by Eleaf. • r/electronic_cigarette

Eleaf iStick Kiya Kit: My Review of the iStick Kiya and GS Juni! • r/electronic_cigarette

Joyetech Exceed D19 Kit: My review of the Joyetech Exceed D19 Starter Kit - An Amazing Little Kit • r/electronic_cigarette

Digiflavor Siren V1 (22mm): My review of the Siren 1st gen by Digiflavor (22mm version) • r/electronic_cigarette

CthulhuMod Hastur MTL RTA: My review of the Hastur MTL RTA • r/electronic_cigarette

VandyVape Berserker MTL RTA: My review of the Berserker MTL RTA • r/electronic_cigarette

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread