Status
Not open for further replies.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
So the first coil I built in my IGO-L (my first rba), was alright it stepped up the flavor and everything was great. Sadly it's time came and I pulled it out. I just placed my second coil in there and all I have to say is... wow. I thought I was doing it right before... this new coil, more flavor, more vapor... its awesome! I had a small coughing fit on the first draw, I just wasn't expecting it. :)

32 gauge kanthal with 2mm threaded ekowool folded over once is what I did for the second coil, it came out at 1.8 Ohms.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
So the first coil I built in my IGO-L (my first rba), was alright it stepped up the flavor and everything was great. Sadly it's time came and I pulled it out. I just placed my second coil in there and all I have to say is... wow. I thought I was doing it right before... this new coil, more flavor, more vapor... its awesome! I had a small coughing fit on the first draw, I just wasn't expecting it. :)

32 gauge kanthal with 2mm threaded ekowool folded over once is what I did for the second coil, it came out at 1.8 Ohms.

Nice job.

I bought an IGO-L as my first rebuildable recently and had the same exact experience. My first coil wasn't bad, but my second was fantastic. I used it so much that I need to replace it already, hopefully I'll have similar results with coil #3.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
I like rebuilding. Fun to experiment with. considering a IGO L but not sure if its needed or what it would offer over my protank. figure they both use the same coil material, will be about teh same ohms, will use teh same wick material and have the same juice. So only difference would be having to drop every few puffs.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
At the least it's easier to taste new flavors rather than having to fill up the Protank every time. Currently I end up pouring a good bit back in the bottle now while I'm still trying stuff.
It'll be interesting to see just how much it effects the taste and all.

guess if you have a ton of different juices it makes sense. I also have 2 flacors on hand and have 2 protanks and a evod. have used my friend igo l and it works well. his it set up with dual coils for his mech mod and vapes pretty dang good.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
My SB comes in tomorrow. I'll be able to push the IGO-L to its limits, 6 Amps, here we come. :) (I'm kicking it and the kick limits at 6 Amps)

My IGO-L will be here Monday. Been sitting here watching videos and can't wait. So far I've rebuilt my Protank heads a couple times so I think I've got it down.
Thanks for the report, you're making me even more impatient :p

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
guess if you have a ton of different juices it makes sense. I also have 2 flacors on hand and have 2 protanks and a evod. have used my friend igo l and it works well. his it set up with dual coils for his mech mod and vapes pretty dang good.
Yeah, I've got a bunch of juice samples and such. I'm only 2 weeks in and trying to find flavors I like. I've got a couple that I'm set on but I've also got a bunch that taste like crap. I just keep letting them steep and hope they'll get better. The IGO will definitely help in that regard.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
I originally got into RDAs because I was starting to make my own juice and they seem like the only viable option for testing lots of juice. The extra flavor and vapor was/is a pleasant side effect. :)

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Ec!g:10480836 said:
Now you need to try your hand at a micro-coil and unfortunately realize that what you thought was good before is at best mediocre in comparison :D

I've used both and my IGO-L is cranking out vapor with dual 4/3 wraps. How many drips can u put in with a micro and cotton?

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
John_:10480183 said:

You'll likely need to consider drilling out the stock hole to smooth out the TH. since youre now runnning dual coils, two holes would help. Drilling out that cap is a pain though as its steel. My IGO-L has dual 1/16 holes, tons of vapor and flavor.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
IMHO, building new Protank coils is harder than building coils for an RDA. With the RDA, it is a bit bigger and you don't have to worry much about where in the RDA, the coil is placed.

With building new coils for a stock clearo, you have to get it very precise, not only with your wrap, but also with the placement of your coil and getting it to inside the tiny Protank head part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread