My second Nicostick with a 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I had decided to do a second stick whenever I had a connector become available. I had a battery go bad, well at least the switch broke so I took the connector out and built the stick for my 510 attys. Problem was that everything went well except for the connector. The center insulator tore taking it apart to solder the wire. All attempts to use it were unsuccessful as it would short out every time. So,,,

I drilled out the center of the connector where the center pole would be and inserted some plastic tubing. Realizing that my last build only worked on two attys because the center was at a fixed position I found that an ink pen spring fit perfectly inside the tubing and the center connector fit snugly inside the spring. Lastly after gluing the tubing in place using an atty to determine the height I pushed the spring inside slightly above contact height. To secure the spring I heated a straight pin and pushed through the tubing to keep the spring at the perfect height. I then bent the pin around the tubing. the spring also turned out to be the perfect solder point.

The spring would work even without the center piece from the connector so keep that in mind if the center of your mod wants to short out. I also varied from my first stick by just bending the battery contact out of the way of the atty so I didn't need to change the contacts and only remove the one nearest the off/on switch. It looks pretty ghetto inside but I will only show the guts here.

Attachments

• 510 009.jpg
    510 009.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 510 013.jpg
    510 013.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
Nice idea. That looks so tiny in your hand. You must have large hands.
They are kinda big I wear a size 13 ring. Makes these mods difficult but easy to hide. I was hoping thet the pic would show the spring inside but i guess it is to big. I will crop it to see if it shows more detail for the folks who are doing female threaded connectors since the RS parts don't work for these.

Attachments

• 510 009 (3).jpg
    510 009 (3).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread