My SID sucks the life out of my Protank 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cignewton

Jan 17, 2013
Oregon
Greetings vapors, I have a question about a issue with my new smok SID APV and my kanger protank 2.

My smok sid cuts off the draw if I screw it on all the way. It's not an issue with any of my other atomizers or tanks. Just the protank. Ideas? Needle file to the threads?

Should I take a needle file and open up the threads on the tank? If I screw it down secure it is an impossible tightly draw.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Greetings vapors, I have a question about a issue with my new Smok SID APV and my kanger protank 2.

My smok sid cuts off the draw if I screw it on all the way. It's not an issue with any of my other atomizers or tanks. Just the protank. Ideas? Needle file to the threads?

Should I take a needle file and open up the threads on the tank? If I screw it down secure it is an impossible tightly draw.

I've had that issue too and I widened the holes on the tank at the bottom near the threading....I think the thread well of the SID is too deep and doesn't line up with vent hole of tank.
Don't what else can be done about it ... maybe shortening the SID's thread well ...?

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Definitely know what you're talking about, just one of those things...

Try taking the skirt off and once you get a snug fit, loosen it up a quarter turn. I was able to vape the Protank 2 on a SID for a while without any serious issues. Just have to find that right spot in the threading where you have acceptable airflow without a wobbly Protank.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Definitely know what you're talking about, just one of those things...

Try taking the skirt off and once you get a snug fit, loosen it up a quarter turn. I was able to vape the Protank 2 on a SID for a while without any serious issues. Just have to find that right spot in the threading where you have acceptable airflow without a wobbly Protank.

Try leaving the skirt on and screw the Protank2 down until it is bottomed out. Then loosen it up by a quarter turn. Then keeping the tank and the mod in the same relationship to each other turn the skirt up to the tank tightly.
This will keep the tank from wobbling on the treads.
If you leave the tank loose on the mod treads without the skirt it will damage your mod threads in due time.
What is happening is the air holes on the tank are being covered by the female thread section on the mod. The fix I give you opens up the tank air holes. The raised shirt stabilizes the tank and the air flow can get to the outside through the slots on the bottom of the tank and the top of the shirt.
I have had to do the same thing on an Evic.
This will save your mod threads.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This:
Tank support

TankAdapter.jpg

Screw in place, adjust up to support at the point of center pin contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread