My son is converting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
SO, my son, who is 21, has been in the Navy since he was 17, graduated HS early so that he could go in at 17! It was a chance of a lifetime for him, he traveled on an aircraft carrier, so last year he came out of active duty....naturally before he went in he picked up the analog habit....after SO many years of NAGGING ME TO QUIT! NOW, with 8.06 a pack and no job in sight (economy being bad and all), he saw me sitting on the couch vaping, of COURSE at 21 he giggled and said "Mooommmm, what ARE you doing?" so I explained it to him, he didn't show any interest. Today, as I was cleaning my supplies and having my mornning coffee, he asked to try it, so I let him and he was REALLY impressed, I had fried apple with a little bit of 24mg marb red in it....so during this a.m., he comes up, grabs it and says "Mom, lets go vape on the porch" (still hasn't gotten out of the 'habit' mode lol) I am glad to share this with him, he is impressed as he has quit before and didn't like the 'hacking up a lung' thing and sees that I haven't been doing that....so, as he is broke, I will wait a bit to see if he continues on and I will wrap up my 902 set for him to use and then for Christmas get him a riva or ego....Hopefully this will be the end of his habit MUCH earlier than myself!

tee217

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
michigan
Wonderful story. My daughter is 19 and took up smoking told me those things don't work and wouldn't even try it. Yesterday she was visiting and only had 1 analog, so she asked to try our ego. She was at our house for 7 hrs and never touched her analog. I'm thinking Christmas will be an Ego for her. gave her my old 401 hope it holds up for her. FDA leave us alone.

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
LOL...all I want is those teeth ( after 3,000.00 of braces) to become white like they use to be, that big beautiful WHITE smile! And to see him run again....he gets out of breath where he USE to be able to run 5 miles without a sweat! Now, I gotta go work on his GF! And then off to their friends...hmmm... and maybe his NAVY BUDDIES....WOW, the POSSIBILITIES!

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
Part of the reason I wanted to quit smoking is so I'd know if any of our boys started! My parents didn't have a clue because they couldn't smell it on me since they smoked!

All of the boys have been through our local Dare program through their school - it's an early anti-drug program that focuses first on no smoking since most kids who do drugs start with smoking. I've been a semi-closet smoker. You have to be my neighbor or know me really well to know that I smoke - but since I work 85% of the time from home I still managed to smoke 1-1.5 pad. So here I was making sure the boys didn't bring up "Hey my mom smokes!" in front of their classmates. It required me admitting that I was an addict - an addict to nicotine and whatever else they cram in those nasty analogs and that I was ashamed of my habit.

My real wake up call came this summer as we hiked down to a local fishing hole and I had to stop on the way back up a hill because I sincerely thought I was going to pass out. I could not catch my breath. 43 and struggling for air. I flash forwarded to being 73 and needing to haul an oxygen tank everywhere and how unfair that would be for my hubby and kids to have to watch me "live" like that. And still I lingered. I wanted to quit - and did several times as I went to bed...to light up again with my morning Joe. In late July my 47 year old brother in law had a heart attack. And 3 days later had another one. He's not over weight. Has good cholesterol. Low BP. But smoked like a house 'a fire! As he lay in the ER bed while the Dr explained what was happening he quipped back to the Dr. "Well, a heart attack, right now. And I quit smoking all in the same day!" - I knew I HAD to quit. The look on my sister's face while we waited for his heart cath and the look on the faces of his kids (13,8 & 4) as I headed back to their house to stay the night "in case" sealed the deal.

By luck that evening as I was sitting on my sister's porch (smoking) and talking to her neighbor we started talking about needing to quit. The neighbor's ex had just bought a 510 and had told her about it. The idea of a smokeless cig WITH nicotine intrigued me. I found out where he got it and made my plan. I got my 510 on August 1st and had my last analog on August 5th.

If my quitting will keep our sons from ever starting I'll be a happy happy woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread