My starting experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redge44

May 28, 2013
Manchester
Hi all

On my second day of vaping and loving it already!

I got paid yesterday and was hoping for some good advice on where to progress from here.

I hav started out with 2x 900 mah ego twist which I am very happy with,

It came with 2x CE4 clearomizers and I bought a Kanger eVod seperate.

I was very please with the eVod when I switched from the CE4 as it packed a better hit and had great taste.

Sadly after a while it starts to gurgle and leak into the mouth piece which is not very nice.

Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this? I have tightened it up to the max which seemed to help for a bit but it has started again and now I cant get the thing open :blush:

Also looking for advice on what to buy next in terms of clearomizers.

Looking for good taste and reliability.

Is the Kanger Pro tank a sensible choice?

Thanks

Andrew

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi Andrew,

Glad to hear you are enjoying vaping, welcome to ECF :)

I've have the same issues with Evods, they are BCC which is Bottom Coil Clearomiser and tend to work better when you don't draw on them really hard but yes, leaking is a common concern.

IMO CE4's and CE5's are much better but others will disagree and with the coil at the top I get a warmer vape and more flavour from my juices.

Kanger Protank is a good next step, will hold more liquid and Pyrex tank takes a beating BUT they are BCC also, almost the same coil part as Evod's BUT in my experience they don't leak as much

Hope this helps! :vapor:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I use CE5's, Kanger protank, and Vision Vivi Nova.

All 3 have replaceable heads. All 3 have their advocates as well as their detractors. All 3 have performed like rock stars for me.

On advantage the protank has is that it is glass. You may not yet be aware of this but SOME eliquids (juices) can cloud/crack/melt some plastics which makes them not safe in many clearomizers. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-34.html#post8740263 To avoid this issue you really need a glass or metal tank.

The vivi nova does have a separately available metal tank to deal with tank cracker juices so that is an option as well.

CE5's will crack with some juices. On the upside these are small and light and exceedingly portable on an ego style battery.

The only thing that I have found that I like BETTER than my clearos is a carto tank but that is another subject and another learning curve to look at later for a beginner.

Clearos are a fantastic place to start and relatively fuss free vaping. :)

Dweeb

Jun 13, 2013
Ontario
I started vaping about 3 weeks ago, my starting setup: 2 ego twist 900, 5 ce4

Since then i tried ce5's with non-exposed wicks and they were terrible. always burnt taste, if you dont tip and swirl for 5 minutes prior for that one vape hit.

I now am using iclear16's, and kanger t3s's.

The iclear is close to a ce4, 1 large wick VS 4 smaller ones. dont see much difference.

the t3s are bottom coil so no having to swirl and wet the wicks; cooler vape; huge 3ml tank, and only one seal to leak out of. my favorite so far being a 3ish ml per day vaper.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I would switch heads if you have another one. If not you can clean and dry burn the one you have, if it continues to gurgle after that you may need to add wick material to the coil. I have used cotton on a protank after losing the extra wick they come with, just use a very small piece of cotton about the same length as the wick in the coil. Good luck.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
The EVODs are killer little tanks, but they will leak and flood a little when new-ish.
Fight thru it though. Once they're broken in, no leaks.
When it gurgles, go outside and give it a good thermometer shake with drip tip down.
There are gaskets at work as well, so dont crank down the head or the tank onto the battery. Just use fingertip snug. Allow those gaskets to expand and fill the gaps.
The quality of these heads can be hit or miss as well.
IMO, now that you've experienced the flavor of evods and ce4s, you might not like the KPTs.

Last edited:

ttt712

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I started with MT3's(Just a T3 with a nicer finish)(they all use similar bottom coils) been loving them. They are definitely not without their faults as mentioned above. I currently run five in my rotation (different flavors, like Pokemon gotta try them all). I recently bought a Protank and have been loving that. That is my daily vape. (tobacco with a splash of peach mixed in.) I find that if it is gurgling it is typically a sealing issue on the coil head, to check just unscrew and make sure the silicon o-ring is sitting correctly and make sure that the coil head is screwed on tightly. If that still doesn't fix, which happened on two of the seven(five for me, two for my wife) I started with, I found adding a flavor wick seemed to help, that might be deeper down the rabbit hole as that involves taking it apart, which you probably don't want to do. Quick solution was just to replace with a new coil. After doing that a few times, I told myself, how hard could it be to rebuild? so just searched here and found a bunch of posts on rebuilding them. Now have a few extra coils I have rebuilt in reserve so when one burns out swap it out and back to vaping! So you can do it, takes a small investment up front for the wire and the wick materials, but you will save every time you need to replace, think pennies instead of dollars. Recently got a Protank and loving it so far, nice upgrade from the MT3's, tank is huge, easy to clean and glass so no worries on the e-juice you put through it. Same bottom coil style. Hope that helps! Welcome aboard! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread