Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
Here is a mod I made for work. I call it "The Tape Measure". LOL They told us at work since they are smoke free that we were not allowed to vape either. A few of us still do but I wanted a more stealth device then my Provari.

It is a VV single boosted 18650 battery mod with a hinged tank mount inside. It vapes great!!! It even has a belt clip. LOL

Here are the pics...
100_0295.jpg

100_0296.jpg

100_0297.jpg

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
Very nice Mod. I really like the PCB the booster is installed in. The guy that designed that must be awesome. lol. For sure doesn't look like a vaporizer should fool the management no problems

I got the circuit board out of a small 14500 box mod I had got from a friend. I wish I knew who made the board. I'd love to get a few more to make mods for my friends at work. LOL

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
That is the same board. Even the same letters and numbers on it. I don't know how to make circuit boards. I had a hard time putting a little mad vapes 5 volt regulated kit together. I am good a soldering but real small stuff I'm bad at. LOL

I only had to solder the wires to the board after taking it out on the little mod box it was in.

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
Sweet mod Fran. So stealth.. and it looks like the tape measure still works... Great job. Does the tank lower so the drip tip is all the way inside?

Thanks for the kind words. :)

The tape does not work. I just cut the end off and glued it in place. The tank does not go down. It just swings out for changing. I could just remove the drip tip. LOL

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
I just used shrink wrap over the joints. What you see on the 510 connector and button is epoxy used to hold them in place.

I am boggled by how you get everything wired up without shorts. I don't see any soldered connections even though I am sure there are some. What are you using to cover the connections?? Rubber, plastic, melted around the connections??? Kick ... mod though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread