My stop smoking plan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
I, like many of you, have started vaping as a means to stop smoking. I have smoked analogs for 16 years. I have tried patches, gums, lozenges, etc. My personal best is four months smoke free. I have identified my three worst enemies: Lack of "throat hit," Lack of sufficient motivation, and the idea that "just one, just for the quick buzz" won't hurt. I have a plan that addresses all three of these major concerns. First and foremost: I cannot have one analog cigarette, or cigar, or a quick pipe, all of which I have been known to use. My motivation: I have my first child on the way. Next: I use a fancy-schmancy e-cig, for the throat hit., and the nicotine. I start at 24mg nicotine. Start strong, to counteract the transitional issues. My goal is to drop to 18 mg after 3 months. After that, I go down a grade every 3 months. If a transition gives me trouble, I combine that level with the previous level, until I can safely go on the new strength. I expect this to take no less than one year to reach zero nicotine. When I am nicotine free, I learn to break a habit, not an addiction.After half of my life (I am 31) smoking, taking a whole year to break the nicotine is nothing. I'm taking my time, and doing it right this time.

Wishing you all the best! You have the absolute best reason on the planet to quit. Congratulations!

My plan was much like yours, but after 22 days I am already down to the 8-12 nic level, but I find I vape more than I smoked, but I don't have that hacking smokers hangover the next day. I have seen quite a bit of information on here about increasing your TH while decreasing your nicotine, so I am sure you will find a way to work that part of your plan out.

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
One thing that I personally deal with is that sometimes I am lazy and grabbing a cigarette and lighting up is much easier than cleaning a tank, refilling a clearo, or setting up a new juice. I've recently decided to get a smaller eGo pen style PV to carry around at all times - with a higher nic tobacco juice. I'm hoping it cuts out these last few cigs that I can't seem to drop.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Good plan. My problem is lack of TH when going down on nic levels. I have been at 36mg for 9 months with an occasional drop to 24mg.

You might try using menthol or cinnamon juices then - they seem to give more TH, but be careful of o-rings with cinnamon - it can ruin them. I have found viton stands up to it pretty well, rather than the cheap and ubiquitous buna.

T

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
One thing that I personally deal with is that sometimes I am lazy and grabbing a cigarette and lighting up is much easier than cleaning a tank, refilling a clearo, or setting up a new juice. I've recently decided to get a smaller eGo pen style PV to carry around at all times - with a higher nic tobacco juice. I'm hoping it cuts out these last few cigs that I can't seem to drop.

that should do it for you Lisa, I have 2 Vamos,a SVD,1 mini Zmax, an Itaste VV V3 and twists,spinners, etc I use them and enjoy them but my favorite devices for using most of the day?
$3.22 510-T 180mAh Automatic USB Rechargeable Battery for EGO Electronic Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
and this one
$5.30 510-X 400mAh Rechargeable Battery for Electronic Cigarette (Black) - 510 thread at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

with this
$2.47 510-X 1.0ml Electronic Cigarette Tank Atomizer - 1.8

It took forever but I finally quit!

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
that should do it for you Lisa, I have 2 Vamos,a SVD,1 mini Zmax, an Itaste VV V3 and twists,spinners, etc I use them and enjoy them but my favorite devices for using most of the day?
$3.22 510-T 180mAh Automatic USB Rechargeable Battery for EGO Electronic Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
and this one
$5.30 510-X 400mAh Rechargeable Battery for Electronic Cigarette (Black) - 510 thread at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

with this
$2.47 510-X 1.0ml Electronic Cigarette Tank Atomizer - 1.8

It took forever but I finally quit!

Thanks for the heads up, Karen! I've got several of the other mods as well, SVD, eVic, Chi-Chi, Silver Bullet, several Bolts, Sentinel, TVS, Magneto... but a friend suggested and I considered going back to a little cigalike battery for ease of use and to ABSOLUTELY REPLACE THE CIGARETTE FEEL. I went with this pen style $23.66 EGO-WP 6-in-1 Pen Style Rechargeable 1300mAh Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set - black / US plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping instead of a basic cigalike because I tried to switch to my little eGo battery and the vape was so worthless :/ I'll be splitting the pen set with a coworker/friend who will be attempting to quit cigs as well. I also got her this one for a longer lasting battery life $11.75 EGO-EVOD 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1300mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - single e-cigarette / red / 2.7 and since I'll be keeping one of the pen styles for myself I'll give her an eGo Twist for a better vape.

I really hope that does the trick as it did with you! =]

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
congrats fellow Hoosier! For what my :2c: are worth...I had a similar plan, but learned my body will tell me when I can drop nic levels. I usually drop from 18mg to a 12 when out drinking or at a gathering when Im going to vape more. Otherwise I stick to 18mg. I figured I will taper when I'm ready but not put an exact time limit on it as long as I stay away from analogs, which I have!

So be easy on yourself and taper when you can handle less nic! :vapor:

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I want to add that I started at about 18mg/24mg nicotine, dropped to 12mg on schedule, and then to 6mg according to my schedule and started smoking again. I am still fighting the cigs, and I agree with what AngiBe says - as it relates to my personal experience.

Don't set a schedule to drop the nic, follow your body's signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread