My switch to e-ciggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanl

Dec 2, 2011
Pretoria, South Africa
I live in South Africa and E-Cigarettes are only now starting to become slightly more used, Still very rare to actually see someone using them though.

We had some really cheap and useless ones hit the market via Verimark (Tellie-sales) advertising and I think they actually destroyed the market in South Africa for quite a while.

Still very unpopular and I get the same question over and over. "Do they actually work? I hear they are useless."

Anyway for me it was between two things. I was getting tired of the morning coughs, I would wake up and light up as I knew if I did not get my fix instantly I would be coughing for at least an hour, those first 2 cigarettes (back to back) in the morning took the coughing fits down to around 20 minutes as they would loosen all the phlegm and kickstart my lungs again.

The second thing that got me started was reading a few other South African's experiences on the net and there recommendations for what to buy.

I found a local dealer for Ego-T and bought a starter kit, some accessories and some juice intending to keep it till my official quit date (14 Dec) but decided to charge up the batteries in the meanwhile and give it a go to see if this contraption I just spent R1500 on is actually worth the cash.

The last 5 cigarettes in that packet lasted me the rest of the weekend, Instantly preferred the flavour and TH over normal ciggies. The next morning I woke up and cleared my throat, wait, What? No cough? Freaking amazing :) Hooked.

I am rather curious and all the youtube video's I watch did not actually explain much about how atomisers and cartomisers work so thus far I have destroyed two atomisers and a cartomiser in the name of curiosity. I took one apart using a pair of pliers (subsequently in one of my 2am boredoms I tried building a single drip atty out of it, semi successful but .... ugly) then the next I took apart using a pipe cutter with a new blade. I still use this one by fitting it back together and taping it closed.

I took a dual coil cartomizer apart last night as it finally died but at R30 this is really not an issue, at least the fibrous pipe inside it is 100% fire resistant (took a lighter to it till it glowed red with no damage) so this will be spares for when I destroy my LR atty's wick again (yes I took this apart as well but managed to get it back together again the 2n'd time round after destroying the wick the first time).

My conclusion is that now that I have taken my baby steps into maintenance, tried (then failed) on a mod and destroyed a few (giving me spare wick, gause and a few other things) I am very much happy with the switch and will recommend it to all my smoker friends.

Thanks to this forum and many like it for the info needed :)

Oh as an aside, 2 weeks in and it's all paid for itself already by the amount I have saved on analogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread