Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
The mini puck maybe?

puck mini.jpg puck mini 2.jpg puck mini 3.jpg

I decided to go with just one battery box, because it's just so much slimmer, and also to do all the wiring on the outside to keep everything as straightforward as possible, and actual modding to a minimum, I just attached the atty connector and a momentary microswitch (salvaged from a broken webcam) with physical connections (no soldering) to the existing leads and superglued everything in place. Going on two weeks now with so signs of the switch burning out. consistent hits and all day battery life.

so what do you all think??

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
The mini puck maybe?

View attachment 18301 View attachment 18302 View attachment 18303

I decided to go with just one battery box, because it's just so much slimmer, and also to do all the wiring on the outside to keep everything as straightforward as possible, and actual modding to a minimum, I just attached the atty connector and a momentary microswitch (salvaged from a broken webcam) with physical connections (no soldering) to the existing leads and superglued everything in place. Going on two weeks now with so signs of the switch burning out. consistent hits and all day battery life.

so what do you all think??

It's kind of like my Puck SD which is single box. I used JB Weld Putty to mold a atty connector holder on the outside.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/110836-first-puck-now-puck-sd.html

Some of the photos have become unlinked for some reason in the post. Not sure why since they were from my photo album on the forum.

If you see my photos, I put all of the wires and switches in the very tight area where the normal slide switch is but it's a real pain to work in there.

I like your idea of running the wires outside the case. You could cover them up with some epoxy or JB weld putty. This is probaby one of the smallest box mods that could ever be made and still be worth the time and effort.

Great job JB!

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
I do like the single box version you've got here, it must be quite small. I bet the bits and pieces would fit in where the master switch is with the atty perpendicular to the batteries, even keeping the master switch.

I'm sure they could with a fair amount of time and effort, but as is the build time was just under ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread