Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    My top list starter kit 2020-2021

Hello to all.

The Chinese vaping industry has never stopped even in this damn and unfortunate year 2020 that is coming to an end, perhaps it only slowed down slightly in the months of January / February, so almost as if everything was normal they kept coming home different " sample "kindly offered for my reviews.

They are generally very popular products in the medium-low price range that are often used both by the beginner who wants to quit smoking and by the more experienced who wants to continue to stay away from it.

The objects in this thread, for obvious reasons, are the ones I know best and that during the day I find myself more often in my hands. I use them mostly for the need to diversify or in some situations to have quick access to something convenient, fast and immediate.

The following is not a competitive ranking of the most prestigious / expensive Box-mod-pod 2020, rather it wants to be a tribute dedicated to them. So without any presumption I hope that this article will be useful to you in order to better direct you to your ideal forklift or vaporizer.

Enjoy the reading.

Vaporesso Gen S 220W:

The AXON chipset is now mature and well developed and also facilitates use with its intuitive operating system.
    The Fire button generates a reactive and immediate vape.
    The mod is well built, handy and light thanks to the flame ......ant polycarbonate and soft rubber coating.
    Robust thanks to the composition of the 4-layer panels.
    The tank has an excellent capacity, the new GT Meshed with the composition of cotton and tea fibers undoubtedly give a great aromatic quality.

These are some highlights of the kit:
    - Pulse mode: 27% more flavor with increased production / steam (Vaporesso declaration)
    - Power ECO mode: Longer battery life
    - Smart TC: Accurate temperature control
    - DIY: Vaping with manual settings
    - 2.5A quick charge.
    - Full charge in 60 minutes (personally I always prefer to use an external charger with any mod)
    - MESHED Coil updated
    - Pulse mode
    - AXON chip
    - Wide choice of spare GT coils

1 Vaporesso Gen S 220w.jpg

Vaporesso FORZ TX80:

A new competitor for Aegis?
    Vaporesso is always very attentive to market surveys, one of these reports that over 60% of Vapers in the world fear accidental falls with consequent breakage of their devices, so Vaporesso presented its FORZ TX80, a Kit with integral IP67 protection at 360 degrees.

Among other novelties; the mod houses the brand new AXON 2.0 chip with the innovative F (t) output mode which somehow controls and is able to alter the output voltage and heating rate within certain time values to provide a range of temperatures wider.

My Product Highlights:
    - Quality of the materials used
    - Captivating aesthetics
    - Dimensions
    - IP67 shockproof, dustproof, waterproof
    - AXON 2.0 chipset very full of functions + new F (t) mode
    - Tank FORZ 25 Protected (IP67)
    - Hygienic Drip-Tip hood
    - Top performance GTR Mesh Coil 0.15Ω Range 60-80W
    - Top performance GTR Mesh Coil 0.4Ω Range 40-60W
    - Forz Tank RDA Optional

2 Vaporesso FORZ TX80.jpg

Ultroner Alien SEVO-70W Box Mod:

Surely this Mod uses quality components and is built with care in an artisanal way, however for those who want to stand out more and are willing to spend a little more there is also the version with DNA 60 on which at the moment I do not have further information.

The charging port on this Sevo-70 is missing ... Not bad! Also because it is always advisable to use an external charger for the replaceable cells, both for safety reasons and to avoid unnecessary strain on the Mod circuits. Therefore, no firmware updates are planned, you can see that that's okay and I trust you.

The great strength of this Alien with Sevo-70 chipset, in my opinion is to be a product with a Hi-End dress and to have a good reliable chipset and quite rich in features.

The double Fire button as well as being of strong aesthetic impact I must say that in practical use it proves useful, much better than uncomfortable mods that are born with a single side button, therefore in terms of comfort and leaving out the sought-after form factor, the double Fire it turns out to be at least on par with solutions having a single front button.

I am very satisfied with this Mod, aesthetically I like it and I also like it for its maneuverability and for what the Sevo-70 circuit offers (which I already use with pleasure on the SBS SupBox by SXK) ... So if to vape well you are at the looking for a light Mod, which weighs as much as a Pico 75, which is precious but not very expensive, the Alien by Ultroner I recommend it quietly.

Dimensions and features:
    Dimensions: 41x88x30mm
    Weight: 88gr
    Material: Stabilized wood and stainless steel
    Chipset: SEVO-70
    0.98 "OLED screen
    Modes: Watt, Mech, Ni, Ti, SS
    Battery: Single 18650 (not included)
    Output: 1-70W
    Resistance range supported: 0.1-3.0ohm
    Thread: 510
    Double power button, ergonomic design
    Replacement battery tube (not included)
    compatible with 24mm atomizers

3 Alieno 70W By Ultroner.jpg

Aspire MIXX 60W:

Aspire once again proves to be attentive to what the market offers by forging some alliances to improve the aesthetics of its products, it did so first with the German Smokestore to create the splendid Nautilus GT, then now with the Italian SunBox.
    From this latest collaboration an elegant side by side was born; it is called Aspire Mixx and can accommodate atomizers up to 24mm in diameter.

The mainframe of this mod is CNC fabricated with a machining of about 30 minutes for each unit, the precision of manufacture and the choice of refined materials such as surgical stainless steel and sandblasted / anodized aluminum elevates the Mixx to a higher category compared to classic devices for the average vape.

The ASP Chipset can push up to 60W, supports VW, VV and Bypass modes, with all the necessary safety protections. The MIXX is powered by a single 18650 battery or alternatively by a small 18350, the end user can therefore with one of the two simple adapters convert the shape and size of the mod at any time and according to their preferences.

The high-quality construction materials affect the weight, but raise the quality and solidity, needless to say that in the hand the Mixx is comfortable already with the 18650 configuration, in the 18350 configuration it becomes even microscopic. The Fire button can always be activated easily whether the Mixx is used with the left or right hand.

The device does not have the USB port installed, this supports my thesis that it is safer to recharge your cells with an external charger, furthermore in this case the chip cannot suffer in any way, the lack of the USB socket however actually negates the possibility to update the firmware, if there is a new one.

Undoubtedly this Mixx is a product with "High End" charm but at a much lower price, a mod expected by many and which will surely have a great success, personally I promote it, I liked it a lot and I will use it often.

Pros:
    Aesthetics
    Construction materials
    Solidity
    Finishes
    Battery management
    Dual 18650/18350 configuration
    Finishes

4 Aspire Mixx Sunbox.jpg

Freemax Maxus kit 100W:

FreeMax is very active on the market lately, I thank them for giving me the opportunity to try their latest product for you.

The new Freemax Maxus 100W is equipped with "Smartload Tech Load At Will" technology, which means that it can work in any direction the battery is inserted, regardless of polarity.
    It can accommodate a 18650 (the adapter is included in the kit), or a 20700 or a 21700.
    The Maxus 100W supports VW, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR, Bypass, VPC (customizable output curve) modes.

The Fireluke 3 Resin Edition is the successor to the famous Fireluke 2 and Fireluke M tanks. The top-refill has been updated in the top-cap with a new sliding system with three internal steel balls. To increase friction and to prevent involuntary opening.

Build quality
    Good materials
    Attractive graphics
    Small size for a mod with 21700
    FM Maxus 1.0 chipset manages battery life well
    FM Maxus 1.0 chipset locates the coil and the mod fits both TC and VW
    FM Maxus 1.0 chipset "Smartload Tech Load At Will" function, any direction of cell insertion
    Multiple protections
    USB Type-C
    Top-Fill mechanism updated
    Exceptional performance of the COILTECH 4.0 X series
    Coil duration

Freemax Maxus kit 100W Cons:
    Slight movement of the battery door
    Only a 2ml glass (TPD)

5 FreeMax Maxus 200w.jpg

Lost Vape Gemini Hybrid:

The prestigious Lost vape company after a transitory period returns to the Mods. With the release of the Centaurus DNA250C the new course has officially begun, several interesting innovations are expected soon.

The Lost Vape Gemini Hybrid is a true 2 in 1 Kit, a complete and quality product that allows it to be used with all the functions of a Mod and with all the advantages of a pod, without imperfections deriving from one or the other. solution.

Pros:
    2-in-1 hybrid device (pod mode and mod mode).
    Aesthetically beautiful in both AIO & MOD configurations.
    Compact size.
    Construction materials.
    Good finishes.
    Simple design.
    Precise battery cover.
    Easy to navigate chipset.
    Instant power delivery.
    Good battery management.
    18650 power supply.
    0.96 inch color TFT screen with 6 colors.
    Replaceable 510 DL / MTL Drip Tip.
    4ml pod with convenient refill.
    Double liquid control windows.
    Adjustable air flow for the new 0.2 and 1.0Ω Ultra Boost Coils.
    Compatible with all Ultra Boost Coil and RBA ranges.
    Almost non-existent condensation even after intense use.

Versus:
    Volts not indicated on the screen.

6 Lost Vape Gemini Hybrid Aio Mod Kit 80W.jpg

Smok Rigel kit:

The Smok Rigel is a brand new sub ohm vape kit from Smoktech, the mod offers high performance, houses two external 18650 batteries and is capable of producing a maximum output of 230 watts.

Designed with a soft rubber coating and honeycomb texture, the Rigel kit is a fairly light (103g), portable and very durable device, available in six different colors.

The simplified chipset perfectly combines performance, ease of use and safety, has a reaction time to the Fire button of only 0.001 seconds, the charging port is Type-C 5V / 2A.

The Rigel is combined with the Smok TFV9 Sub-Ohm tank which contains up to 6.5ml of e-liquid (2ml TPD), has a convenient sliding filling system with safety lock / release.

Pro:
    - Classic and sober design in some colors
    - Good finishes
    - Materials pleasant to the touch
    - Ergonomics
    - Limited weight
    - Simplified, intuitive and responsive chipset
    - Information clearly visible on the display
    - Type-C 5V-2A
    - TFV9 Tank Opening with child safety
    - 6.5ml TFV9 Tank (with Bubble glass)
    - TFV9 Tank coils compatible with TFV8 Baby / BigBaby
    - Excellent 0.15Ω V9 Mesh Coil as standard
    Versus:
    - Few operating modes

7 SMOK RIGEL KIT 230W.jpg

VooPoo Argus GT:

With a weight of only 140g (box + Atom) the Argus GT is the ideal dual battery mod for those looking for performance and handling.
    To make an idea weighs 50 grams less than the Drag2 refresh, this makes it very versatile and comfortable for outdoor outings.

Pro:
    - Portability.
    - Weight.
    - Aesthetics.
    - Finishes.
    - GENE.TT chipset.
    - Bright and colorful 0.96 "Oled screen.
    - Smart mode.
    - TC SS, TI, NI modes.
    - USB Type-C 5V 2A port.
    - Tank PnP with magnetic attachment from pod to mod 510.
    - Coil Pnp-VM5 0.2Ω range 40-60W Good.
    - Coil Pnp-VM6 0.15Ω range 60-80W Excellent.
    - Quick refill.
    - Wide Air-Flow adjustment.
    - Sourcemore affordable price.

Versus:
    - The Up / Down key lock is missing.

8 Voopoo Argus GT 160W.jpg

Aegis Max 100w Kit:

Geekvape was founded in 2015, in recent years it has made practically all types of products for the vape, coming to sell over 13 million pieces between mods and tanks all over the world.
    Part of this great success certainly goes to the Aegis model which with its reputation as an indestructible mod, with the Aegis Max 100w Kit has reached its eleventh version.

It maintains all the best already seen on the previous versions, the finishes in general as some small details denote an improvement, such as the new design of the less protruding and invasive adjustment keys or the increased reactivity to the Fire button.

Using 21700 cells in a mono-battery Mod is always a good thing when you want to use it in Flavor. Truly the size and weight have logically increased compared to the 18650 version only, but portability has not suffered too much, thanks to the super ergonomic Aegis form factor, which had previously decreed the success of this family.

For the rest there is little to add ... It is an Aegis, a model imitated and envied by the competition and always admired and purchased by many Vapers.

9 GeekVape Aegis 21700.jpg

Oxva Velocity Box Mod 100W 18650/20700/21700:

Justin Lai the enterprising Boss of OXVA this time he thought of making a compact Box Mod 21700.
    21700 systems for many Vapers increasingly represent the optimal situation, offer more autonomy and power than a single 18650 system, and are much more compact (when well made) than any dual Battery Box Mod.

There are several interesting features in this new Kit ...
    With the use of a special tool contained in the package it is possible to disassemble the 510 thread and use two different Pod systems, one is compatible with the whole Unicoil + RBA range, the other is compatible with the new Unipro Coil and with the relative and innovative Unipro RBA deck.
    The Unipro RBA (sold separately) is the first RBA system in the world to be equipped with a replaceable nozzle to regulate the vape from DL to MTL.

The new compact OXVA Kit is offered in different configurations, some have IML panels, others have leather-covered panels.
    The 0.96 inch OLED screen is very bright and clearly shows all the data useful for the Vaping, the background color can be replaced with six different combinations.
    The Photon Chipset has an adjustable power between 5 and 100W, uses 3 vaping modes; Smart with intelligent recognition of the coil, Power for the "free" RBA mode and Voltage with regulation between 0.5 and 8.0V.

10 OXVA Velocity Box Mod.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vaporesso Luxe PM40 Turbo Boosting Tech:

The new Mod Pod by Vaporesso the Luxe PM40 has an integrated 1,800mAh battery and comes with a new revolutionary system called "Turbo Boosting Tech", the air flow and power are fully adjustable, the new anti-loss system provides the use of renewed GTX coils.

Incredible delivery is really angry, powerful and constant until clean cut after only 5s (cut-off), now I understand what the advertised wording "Turbo Boosting Tech" really means and I also understand why the cut-off is set to 5s. Five seconds of continuous Puff is enough time for any vape (at least for me) my average stands at 2.8s / 3s for each Puff. Surely the intervention of the Cut-off is providential to safeguard the longevity of the coil, so it is welcome.

The aromatic yield of Vaporesso's GTX coils is well known and is considered by many vapers to be at the top, this coil specifically goes beyond the best expectations, you can vape at only 18W with the AFC completely open and produce consistent clouds of vapor, or tighten the AFC for a hotter and smothered vape with lots of blow in the throat. The aromatic yield is high and everyone can customize it to taste only by adjusting the AFC.

11  Vaporesso Luxe PM40 Turbo Boosting Tech.jpg

Vaporesso Xros MTL Pod:

The XROS has an internal 800mAh battery with a constant output voltage of 3.6 volts, the power changes automatically according to the coil used.
    Vaporesso also uses this function on other devices, thanks to the fact that they have always worked great.

The Puff can be activated both by button and automatically and this I think will appeal to fans of Pod devices.

The PCTG Tank holds 2ml of liquid and is designed to be easy to fill and to offer a good view of the liquid inside.

The excellent Mesh-coils of Vaporesso are assisted by an air regulation for the vape in MTL that is very effective.

Features:
    Dimensions: 112x23x13mm
    Weight: 51g
    Construction material: SUS304 and PCTG stainless steel
    Battery: built-in 800mAh
    Output: max 20W
    Charging: Type C, 5V / 1A.
    Charging time: 45 minutes
    Capacity: 2ml with PCTG clear pod
    Internal 800mAh battery with maximum power of 20W.
    3-color LED battery indicator
    Automatic puff of your choice with push button.
    Adjustable air flow
    Axon Chip with multi-protection for safety
    Leak-free clamshell top fill
    Cut-off protection
    Overload protection
    Short circuit protection
    Low voltage protection
    Open circuit protection
    Overload protection
    Resistance protection
    Overvoltage protection

12 Vaporesso Xros MTL Pod.jpg

Oxva Origin X AIO - RDTA & RBA Limited Edition:

After the excellent Origin 18650 and OXVA-X 40w, a surprising 18650 AIO Kit arrives on the market! Chock full of really interesting parts and accessories.

Justin Lai is the young man who designed this KIT, I think he has really outdone himself and deserves all my admiration.

Justin has managed to make a MOD that can work great as:
    - Classic DTL AIO Pod + RBA
    - Classic MTL AIO Pod + RBA
    - Box Mod 510
    - Mod RDTA with RBA

Pro:
    - Very complete kit
    - 18650 power supply
    - Ergonomic
    - Lightweight
    - Small size and optimized space
    - Elegant style in Black Carbon Fiber coloring
    - Photon chip reactivity
    - Intelligence-match function
    - Unicoil very aromatic, flexible in use at different W and with different liquids
    - Unique performance in Flavor at low Wattages
    - Unique yield the very flexible MTL from Puff closed to Puff open
    - The Unicoils are among the few coils on the market that do not have liquid leaks
    - Unique RBA with air ring for good limited Mtl / Dl vape
    - 510 Thread Adapter to install any atomizer
    - Dual coil RBA Tank to transform the pod into a valid regenerable RDTA system with 3.5ML capacity

Cons OXVA Origin X AIO - RDTA & RBA Limited Edition:
    - Lightweight removable panel play

13 OXVA Origin X AIO - RDTA & RBA.jpg

Aspire BP80:

Details:
    The Aspire BP80 has been completely updated in Design and partly exploits the features of the previous Aspire BP60 kit, inheriting the excellent performance of the intelligent ASP system.

Thanks to its adjustable AFC it can allow different styles of vaping, from the open one in the cloud to the more narrow one. The BP80 kit has a 4.6ml capacity and has bottom filling. Adopt Aspire's innovative BP coil technology. The package includes a 0.17Ω Ka1 Mesh Coil and a 0.6Ω Ka1 classic coil. The BP80 kit is also compatible with all BP60 coils.

The new Mod is powered by a built-in 2500mAh good-lasting battery with 2A type-C fast charging.
    The BP80 uses a renewed smart chipset to support automatic and manual modes, it also supports a user interface that shows all the parameters useful for vaping including the Puff counter.

The automatic mode has some functions to make vaping easier: it automatically detects the connected coil, uses the smart power suggestion, stores the power and so on.
    Also with the manual mode you can enjoy a more flexible adjustment. For the screen there are 5 color options including brightness adjustment.

14 Aspire BP80 Pod Mod.jpg

Aspire AVP Cube Pod System Kit 16W 1300mAh:

Aspire has recently introduced a new design to its AVP line, adopting the Cube shape to increase ergonomics and comfort.

AVP Cube Kit is powered by built-in 1300mAh battery with C-type fast charging port.

The Chipse Hibrid offers in addition to the By-pass mode, four MTL output powers (10/12/14 / 16W) which can be selected exclusively with the 1.15Ω coil.

Cartridge has 3.5ml capacity with strong magnetic connection.
    The air regulation is precise, very suitable for MTL, through the AVP Pro Coils you can get a satisfactory vape both in MTL and in restricted DL.

The Aspire AVP-Cube, finally I will be able to recommend it to all those looking for a "real" Mtl vape! This was my first thought during the test and also my last.

AVP-Cube Highlights:
    - Build quality
    - Small size and weight
    - Sober and pleasant aesthetics
    - Dual function hybrid chipset
    - 4 power levels selectable with the 1.15Ω coil
    - Fast charging, about 60 minutes
    - Led charge indication
    - Good vaping autonomy
    - 3.5ml transparent cartridge
    - Replaceable 510 Drip-Tip
    - Easy trimming
    - AFC Adjustable in 4 positions
    - Excellent MTL performance

15 Aspire Avp Cube Pod Kit.jpg

Vaptio Pago Kit 45W:

Vaping test:

- Coil P2 0.6Ω range 15-25W:
    By adjusting the air-flow to small openings and setting the power to 15W you get a choked, warm and very Hittoso Puff, you immediately understand that this coil is not suitable for MTL shooting, it prefers more air and power to work well. Too bad because the air adjustment ring manages to choke very well up to an almost total closure.
    Things improve a lot by opening the ring nut and creating a hole of at least 2mm in diameter, by further opening the ring the hole previously created takes on the shape of a slot, lengthening and increasing the air flow. It is with this configuration that the 0.6Ω P2 coil offers the best performance, especially by increasing the power to 20W.
    I find it suitable for a "Restricted Flavor" vape that is decidedly satisfying due to the amount of vapor emitted and aromatically valid using creamy or liqueur liquids.

- Coil P4 0.3Ω range 35-45W:
    Clearly designed for a contrasted pulmonary vape, this coil expresses itself very well already starting from 35W with airflow openings between 50 and 100% it is incredible to observe the amount of very dense vapor it can emit, probably the algae cotton is responsible for this excellent aromatic yield.

Pros:
    - Captivating aesthetics
    - Construction materials
    - Small and ergonomic
    - Smart VW (RBA can be disabled)
    - Display
    - Adjustable power 5-45W
    - Key lock
    - Battery life
    - Type-C charging
    - Adjustable AFC
    - Cartridge insertable at 180 °