My vaping experience, consequences of too much vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinb0

Mar 21, 2014
in my own world.
^ THIS. You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm a non smoker, and initially got into this whole ecigs business to help my loved ones quit. However, the more I read about it, the more I got into it as a hobby. I'm a flavor junkie as well, and really hate that some really nice tasting juices don't come in 0mg where I live.

It's just.. Wow, I totally relate to your experience. Have not met anyone like that yet.

Delarob

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Delaware
LOL, I used to say I wasn't addicted to vaping but for anyone that says that, try leaving the house, getting a mile or two down the road and realizing you left your vape case on the table at home. The HOLY S*** feeling as you bang a tire screeching u-turn should give you some indication as to your level of "addiction"

I started out vaping 24mg 2/2014. I vape 18mg only when I get my Zamplebox order because they don't have 24. I have flirted with the thought of going 36 occasionally, but I think I will not go to that level. I have no current plans to stop or to decrease potency.

MamaG

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Yakima, WA
Of course I'm addicted to Vaping. I was addicted to analogs for 50+ years. I liked smoking, I didn't want to quit. However, recently I started waking up in the middle of the night because I was coughing. So I couldn't pretend my COPD wasn't all that bad any longer. I started using the patches again. I had quit twice in the past, but I didn't like it. I gained weight, got depressed, and felt deprived. Now I had e-cigs to turn to. I was using the patches, as I noted; but they were burning my skin like crazy. I picked up an e-cig with nic and never looked back. That was sometime in early February. I don't have any desire to give up vaping. I have an easily addicted personality; I know that, and I 've accepted it. So it's vaping for me until they put me in a Nursing home (far far in the future) and they try to take my stuff. I wouldn't want to be them; whoever they are.

VIAWOL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Rogersville, TN
I worked my way down from 24mg to mostly 6mg and 0. I owe everything to vaping for getting off cigarettes and since I don't need the nic really anymore I will tend to forget about it then I start feeling guilty for ignoring it. I vape for the flavor and I wanted to get off the nix because I had to go a day without it once while I was still at 24mg and I ended up biting my fingernails and considered buying some smokes. I wanted to be sure that if anything happened to regulate vaping I would never have to go back to smoking.

This post was found in an ancient ruin, possibly left by aliens.

MikeE87

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Guam
dam thats high, 24mg. I, myself, only smoke at home and a night out. I don't tend to bring my e cig to work. I hate that feeling of denial when you say you aren't addicting to vaping, but then all of sudden you feel the cravings. Then say '... it'. Lol, happens to me all the time

LOL, I used to say I wasn't addicted to vaping but for anyone that says that, try leaving the house, getting a mile or two down the road and realizing you left your vape case on the table at home. The HOLY S*** feeling as you bang a tire screeching u-turn should give you some indication as to your level of "addiction"

I started out vaping 24mg 2/2014. I vape 18mg only when I get my Zamplebox order because they don't have 24. I have flirted with the thought of going 36 occasionally, but I think I will not go to that level. I have no current plans to stop or to decrease potency.

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
For me... you've got to minimize the social/cultural stigma with the terms addiction and dependency. Worrying about most things in those terms for the most part is a waste of time/brain cycles. By nature... we are habitual creatures.

Life is short... what you consume either makes life better, sustains it, no impact or is not good for you. None of us will achieve living a perfect life... darn few of us will attain sainthood as far as our lifestyles are concerned. Why torment yourself over it?

My choice to smoke wasn't a good one... my choice to replace smoking with vaping has proven to be a significant improvement. My health has improved, I feel better both physically and mentally... my financial status has improved... heck, I even smell better. Results... a life improvement.

Now why not stop there... enjoy the success. Reward yourself rather than try to punish yourself because someone mentions the word addiction...

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
Hola op,

Am I addicted to vaping? Well maybe, in that it's for me the total replacement of all the cigarettes I used to smoke. Peeps round here may say nicotine is not addictive, but I don't agree with that. I feel a hell of a lot better, and my periodontist (it was he that hooked me up with e-cigs) says that now I have bright pink and healthy gums. Also, I too have started my old hobby of running again, and I'm looking forward to running along the sea front this summer feeling good about myself. I run three miles rather than 5k however ;)

Dangers from being addicted to vaping? My research of others research tells me that vaping is at least 1000 times safer than smoking. I feel much safer vaping than I do when I ride my bicycle to the beach with no helmet (I hate bike helmets) and so I'll keep it up for just as long as I feel like it; even if I have to go underground I'll keep it up.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I have been vaping 12mg for nearly five years now, and have no plans for that to change.

What has changed is that I am vaping less often, and sometimes don't even start vaping until after work.
Basically, when I'm winding down with a beer or glass of wine.

It kind of sucks that I'm not addicted to nicotine though, because I WANT to be using it.
So I'm not really vaping as much as I might like to.

I am aware that nicotine improves memory, concentration, and attention, and may help to prevent Alzheimers.
That is why I want nicotine in my life... so I sometimes have to remind myself to vape.
:)

BLennon

Nov 18, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Like many here I am thrilled that I no longer smoke endless packs of cigs. vaping has improved everything. I spend little on the hardware and DIY the juice so it's a huge cost saver. Started at 20mg now down to 10mg and plan to bring down to 0 nic. Am in no hurry to do any of that any time soon because as long as I vape there is NO interest in cigs here. Maybe one day I will stop the e-cigs. Maybe.

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
I have been vaping 12mg for nearly five years now, and have no plans for that to change.

What has changed is that I am vaping less often, and sometimes don't even start vaping until after work.
Basically, when I'm winding down with a beer or glass of wine.

It kind of sucks that I'm not addicted to nicotine though, because I WANT to be using it.
So I'm not really vaping as much as I might like to.

I am aware that nicotine improves memory, concentration, and attention, and may help to prevent Alzheimers.
That is why I want nicotine in my life... so I sometimes have to remind myself to vape.

This is an interesting thing to read. Even though I've only been vaping a few months I'm finding that I too forget to vape, sometimes it's hours after waking that I realise I didn't bother to vape yet; I've even forgotten to throw a cig-a-like in my pocket on the way out of the door, and not been too fused about it when I realised. It has me musing on the whole addiction thing, and what it might have been about analogues that made me drive out at night to ensure that I wouldn't run out; we know it's not all about the nic' or NRT would work right. It's an interesting thing, and perhaps it'll be clearer one day in the future when more peeps are vaping.

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
I think it's already fairly clear, but not many people are aware of it yet...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-possible-benefits-nicotine.html#post12022611

Bookmarked so I can read all the links later. If that's true of course I'm still left with a question: why was I able to transfer to vaping from my 30 year smoking habit (40 a day at the end) with no issue at all? Why didn't I miss all these other addictive things?

I think I understand why it might be that vaping appears to work better for the heavy long term smokers than for the 10 a day people; I believe I've noticed from posts here that more heavy smokers can just switch you see, and more of the light smokers miss that analogue. My first guess would be that the big smokers kept themselves topped up with nic' and therefore didn't get that big 'instant' hit as much as those who smoked less. It's just my guess to accommodate a pattern that I believe I have observed folks; so be cool.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I personally think all of the other aspects of the smoking ritual are far more addictive than people think...

--The hand-to-mouth
--Something to do with your hands
--The ability to step away from things and take a break
--Rhythmic breathing and watching the swirling smoke
--A calming ritual to turn to in times of stress

Vaping can provide pretty much all of these things.
And that's probably why it works where the patch and gum don't work.

Having said all that, I still believe there are probably many people who are more addicted to nicotine than other people.
For instance, there are many stories of folks who really have a lot of trouble dropping their nicotine strength.

I think we're all different when it comes to nicotine and addiction.
Just like pretty much everything else about vaping.
:laugh:

VapoKev

Mar 18, 2014
Illinois, USA
I'm a vaper who never smoked, but decided to see how nicotine would affect my sugar cravings, which I have not been able to control through will power. I'm overweight, and if I continue with the sugary stuff, probably on my way to Type 2 Diabetes. Keeping some nicotine in my system works wonders. Knocks out the sugar craving. Since I've been vaping, I go most days without any sugary, refined carb type snacks, and I've stopped drinking 30+ ounces of diet soda a day, which probably wasn't good for me either. I realize I'm taking some risk. But based on what I've learned about vaping, and the effects of nicotine apart from smoking, I think I have good reasons to believe I've made a choice in the direction of better health. I haven't gotten on a scale since I started vaping, but I am down one notch on my belt. I know the harm that lurching from sugar fix to sugar fix was doing to my body, but knowing it wasn't enough to get me to stop. Now, I've stopped.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
For me... you've got to minimize the social/cultural stigma with the terms addiction and dependency. Worrying about most things in those terms for the most part is a waste of time/brain cycles. By nature... we are habitual creatures.

Life is short... what you consume either makes life better, sustains it, no impact or is not good for you. None of us will achieve living a perfect life... darn few of us will attain sainthood as far as our lifestyles are concerned. Why torment yourself over it?

My choice to smoke wasn't a good one... my choice to replace smoking with vaping has proven to be a significant improvement. My health has improved, I feel better both physically and mentally... my financial status has improved... heck, I even smell better. Results... a life improvement.

Now why not stop there... enjoy the success. Reward yourself rather than try to punish yourself because someone mentions the word addiction...

:thumbs: I fully agree.

Almost same here.
I started with 18 mg nic and I still vape 18 mg nic, over 2 years later. I just consume less liquid / vape less often. And yes, the nicotine does something, has a beneficial effect. Same as the caffeine in coffee.

I think it's already fairly clear, but not many people are aware of it yet...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-possible-benefits-nicotine.html#post12022611

Great link! Thank you very much!
Yes, the nicotine does something. To me, it definitely has a positive effect.
Professor Michael Russell wrote in the British Medical Journal in 1976: "People smoke for nicotine but they die from the tar."
Now, as vapers, we can enjoy the nicotine and its positive effects, but we no longer have to bother with the tar and the harmful effects of the smoke as such.

I personally think all of the other aspects of the smoking ritual are far more addictive than people think...

--The hand-to-mouth
--Something to do with your hands
--The ability to step away from things and take a break
--Rhythmic breathing and watching the swirling smoke
--A calming ritual to turn to in times of stress

Vaping can provide pretty much all of these things.
And that's probably why it works where the patch and gum don't work.

Having said all that, I still believe there are probably many people who are more addicted to nicotine than other people.
For instance, there are many stories of folks who really have a lot of trouble dropping their nicotine strength.

I think we're all different when it comes to nicotine and addiction.
Just like pretty much everything else about vaping.
:laugh:

Amen! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread