My Very FIRST Vape!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Today I got my Kanger Evod in the mail and I took my very first vape.

Let me explain. For about a month now, I've been experimenting with disposables, most notably taking advantage of the $1 Fling Mini sale from White Cloud. But I still say that today was my FIRST vape because taking a true vape from a device like the Evod simply does not compare at all to what you get from store-bought disposables—although I do appreciate the existence of store-boughts, since without them I probably would never have discovered vaping. My original intention was actually to get 50 more Minis to last me a couple of months, but after taking my first vape I had to wonder why do that? Rather than spend $50 on throwaways, I can now simply invest that money in more gadgets and juice to enhance the real thing.

Now, mind you, I only paid $20 total for a basic Evod kit from Vape Dojo, so I know I got what I paid for, and by no means do I intend my comments to be critical of the product—for what it is and what it costs I'm more than happy with it. But already I'm thinking ahead.

The things I don't particular like about the Evod is that you have to hold the button down to vape—but I suppose simply buying a different battery would solve that issue. Also I'm not fond of the tip. It's a hard plastic rather than something soft and chewable, and it's not replaceable so I'm stuck with it. I was also surprised about the noise it makes; it crackles and this is especially loud if your lips aren't completely sealed around the tip—but this really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The juice I got with it is a 5ml 24mg dream sickle and I tell you, upon my first vape I thought I had discovered a new pathway to euphoria. I will say, however, that the 24mg juice is too strong for me (I actually found myself coughing after a few vapes). So I decided Vape Dojo was good for another twenty of my hard earned bucks and I placed another order today for two more little bottles (a candy cane and a berry), lowered to 18mg, and to compensate that, I lowered the ohms of some extra heads to 2.2 ohms (I wouldn't know how to do any of this if not for my friends at ECF by the way)—so we'll see if that improves my vaping experience. I also ordered a wall adapter for my USB charger. As I said, all of THAT, as well, only ran $20, including shipping, and they shipped it within MINUTES of the placement of my order, so three cheers to Vape Dojo, my very first vape supplier. I'm sure I will be trying out other sources but they will always be my first.

The positives of course are that the Evod is just a really cool, easy to use device. You basically just open it up and fill it with whatever amount of juice you want to (doesn't matter how much, it's a bottom wick). I've found it fits snugly into one of my many eyeglass cases which would also fit two more Evods if I decided to order them, with room for some juice as well, so I'm already setting up my own personalized carrying case. I will be a full-fledged veteran vaper in no time.

Or maybe even a DARTH Vaper.

So, ladies and gentleman . . . I popped my vape-cherry today, so to speak. LOL.

Happy vaping.

evod.jpg

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
grats on your first vapemail. You arent going to find many (if any) automatic batteries that dont require the pushing of a button, outside of cigalikes.

Its only uphill from here. Plethora of juices from many great places, different size/capacity batteries, different atomizers... Etc.

cool!! Very cool.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I too started out with the Evod. Great little bcc. From here the options are endless. Enjoy the ride. :vapor:

So true. The options were so endless I was actually intimidated and had no idea what to start out with. If it wasn't for a previous thread during which dozens of people piped in with their advice, I'd still be scratching my head. Now. What the heck is a MOD. Just kidding. I'm sure that will be a topic of a future thread when I'm ready for that.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Based on my use of Marlboro Gold 100s at the time and that I was smoking over 2 packs a day, close to forever (35) years, the shop recommended I use 18mg vape. It has worked very well for me and I put away the cigs for good after a day and a half. I was not intending to quit but rather supplement my the cigs I'd been smoking and just smoke the nasty things on a more occasional basis.

No willpower necessary at all and I feel very lucky at that. Weirder yet, the cigs I've given up at just a bit out of my reach. I have no desire to light one. That's never happened when I quit before. Best yet, I'm not eating more either. Not a time did I ever try to quit that I didn't gain 30 lbs. I'm actually losing some weight, slowly tho.

Experiment, find what suits you and if you fall back, you can have the pack of 16 I've left on my shelf. But you'll have to come by and physically pick 'em up yourself!

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
as far as upgrades to the evod...the protank mini 2's do have replaceable drip tips...they come with stainless steel ones but there are a few chewable ones available ...I just ordered a silicone one from Fast Tech (it is an angry blue bear however)...I tend to prefer the stainless or carved stone ones myself. If you just want a softer feel, you could always hit up the local B&M and buy a few sani-tips that they use to have people sample flavors:vapor:
and you will grow to love the push button on your Battery...I promise

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Based on my use of Marlboro Gold 100s at the time and that I was smoking over 2 packs a day, close to forever (35) years, the shop recommended I use 18mg vape. It has worked very well for me and I put away the cigs for good after a day and a half. I was not intending to quit but rather supplement my the cigs I'd been smoking and just smoke the nasty things on a more occasional basis.

No willpower necessary at all and I feel very lucky at that. Weirder yet, the cigs I've given up at just a bit out of my reach. I have no desire to light one. That's never happened when I quit before. Best yet, I'm not eating more either. Not a time did I ever try to quit that I didn't gain 30 lbs. I'm actually losing some weight, slowly tho.

Experiment, find what suits you and if you fall back, you can have the pack of 16 I've left on my shelf. But you'll have to come by and physically pick 'em up yourself!

Well I ordered the 24 mgs based on the fact that I needed much stronger nicotine levels from the disposables to feel the effects of the nicotine. The Fling Minis I have now are over FIVE if you can believe that. You just don't need that with the Evod apparently.

And also, let me explain. I quit smoking over EIGHT years ago. I started vaping to help me stop DRINKING (my belly was so bloated I couldn't see my toes). I knew if I didn't have something to compensate for it, I'd have a hard time with it, and vaping fell right into my lap. I haven't had a drink in five weeks and my beer belly is already about 80% gone. Thank goodness for vaping.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
as far as upgrades to the evod...the protank mini 2's do have replaceable drip tips...they come with stainless steel ones but there are a few chewable ones available ...I just ordered a silicone one from Fast Tech (it is an angry blue bear however)...I tend to prefer the stainless or carved stone ones myself. If you just want a softer feel, you could always hit up the local B&M and buy a few sani-tips that they use to have people sample flavors:vapor:
and you will grow to love the push button on your Battery...I promise

That's good to know.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
"Cessation of Drinking".............. Put that on the "List"!:toast:

. . . and I LOVE drinking, a bit too much. But people around me have been dropping like flies from heart attacks and I knew I had to stop partying like that or I'd be next. The times I've jonesed for a beer, I took a vape and it calmed me down and made me forget about it. I'm not saying that will work for everyone but it's working for me. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread