My vv/vw batery auto adjusts voltage/wattage based on the clearomizer but sometimes when i put the same one on it gives a different reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
Sometimes when fully charged it will give a reading of 4.5 volts (don't remember watts) others 3.7 and I have been told I am supposed to recharge them after they hit 3.6. I mean I CAN adjust the volts back up manualy by using the buttons but I didn't know weather or not I was supposed to do that. Im still not really sure how to properly use a vv/vw battery... I bought it so I could give more volts to the coil in order to get a better throat hit. (Is setting my battery at it's maximum of 6.0volts bad for a 1.6ohm coil? I know its more than the coil needs but I thought it would give a better throat hit... but so far I have had the battery using its auto detect mode to find what settings are appropriate until I heard back from you guys.)

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The easiest way to use you Apollo Variant is use it in "auto detect" mode. You can then "fine tune" these settings by using your up and down button to slowly raise the wattage. When you start getting a "burnt taste" use your down button to lower the wattage.

Then continue to vape at those settings. You don't have to be concerned about the numbers.:)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Is it ok to raise the voltage as well without causing damage to the battery?
Yes, you can raise the voltage as high as you want without damaging the battery. But it may be that at 6 volts all you will get are "dry hits" or "burnt taste".

Just start at the lowest voltage and raise it slowly until you get a "burnt" taste. Then dial it down a notch or two and continue to vape.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
ok. I have read Im supposed to recharge the battery when it gets down to 3.7 volts. how am I supposed to know when that is if I manually raise the volts higher (say to 6 volts)
In general, that advise applies mostly to loose batteries (i.e. 18350, 18500, 18650) that you put in a mod.

Your battery will tell you when it's time to recharge. I'm not familiar with your specific battery so I don't know if it tells you by saying "low" or if it has lights that change color of if it just stops operating.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
so going until it gets to the last bar is not bad advice?

It's what the vendor recommends. As TE said above, it has a low battery voltage cutoff so you will not go below where the manufacturer thinks it is safe to do so.

They also say it's guaranteed for around 300 cycles - so vape away.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
ok. I have read Im supposed to recharge the battery when it gets down to 3.7 volts. how am I supposed to know when that is if I manually raise the volts higher (say to 6 volts)

You probably read that from people talking about mech mods so as they use their battery, the voltage to the coil drops.
Your regulated mod keeps the voltage or power to the coil, and when your battery gets down too low, - about 3.2 or 3.3 volts, it tells you so you can recharge the battery. That's why you $pay$ for your regulated mod.

People who can't afford to buy a regulated mod, get to do fun stuff like :
QdqY77r.jpg

and maybe get some excitement along the way

:)

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So both volts and wattage determine the throat hit? my battery came with a chart that says if I increase the volts by X I have to increase the watts by Y but it doesn't let me adjust it in exact increments how exact do I have to be when choosing volts and wattage?

You either set the volts or you set the watts; not both.

When you set the watts, the mod figures out what voltage to use.

If you set the volts, you can figure out what wattage you're vaping at by
watts = volt x volts / ohms

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Nicotine mg per ml or % provides most of the throat hit.
With all VV/VW power devices V or W are two separate modes, you can either adjust volts or watts not both, whichever you checked or adjusted last is the mode you're vaping in.

Pick V or W start off at a low power level and adjust up taking a vape or three on each setting until you find what you like, if you get a burnt taste turn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread