• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Wandering Redds Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that my Redds starter kit has turned into quite the ambassador for vaping. Started with the Redds kit and really liked it, but tired of the small cartos and batteries quite quickly. Had a couple twists by the end of the first week and gave it to my cousin, along with a bottle of key lime pie, to try out. I have been out of town since.

Just received a text stating: Cousin #1 hasn't had a cigarette in close to 3 weeks and has two twist/vivi nova setups now. Cousin #2 hasn't had a cigarette in about a week (because of the Redds kit) and has appropriated one of Cousin #1's twists until his arrives (Must be the 1000mah version to last all day.....they don't like each other that much). The Redds kit meanwhile has moved on to Family Friend #3. Who has informed me that she isn't smoking, there are five cartos left, and I'm running low on mint chocolate (Where did the mint chocolate come from?).

I can't see my banner right now, but I believe that I started vaping 27 days ago. So in that time those 'spare' e-cigarettes have stopped 4 people from smoking. Guess I'll order some more cartos and donate 30ml of juice to the cause.

I guess the moral of the story is.....don't let those old batteries and cartos just sit there.

That's great to know Taps!

I picked up a little Redds kit to try and thought I'd pass it on to a friend when I was done with it.
I kept it....lol I really like the cartos. But I'll probably use it as a lender for someone who shows interest in vaping.

Cheers to helping smokers change! :)

It's more resignation than altruism. Keep in mind this is family and 'might as well be family' friends we are dealing with. The tone was more: You're not getting your kit back and when are you bringing more juice. Lol.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I can't see my banner right now, but I believe that I started vaping 27 days ago. So in that time those 'spare' e-cigarettes have stopped 4 people from smoking. Guess I'll order some more cartos and donate 30ml of juice to the cause.

I guess the moral of the story is.....don't let those old batteries and cartos just sit there.
Well done! Let's get 'em all.... one by one :)

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Maybe I needed a Redds kit or two. :) I've tried giving my 510 stuff away before, for someone to try and it was never touched. :facepalm:

You probably do have to be careful I suppose.... lots of folks get excited about stuff when shown, but there's no follow-thru. when my neighbor got excited about my stuff, I offered to order for her, but she had to pay me when the payments went went thru. I'm sure soon enough I'll have accumulated stuff I could have given her, but I looked at it this way:
1. She actually has more disposable income than I do.
2. Now that she's had to invest a small amount to start out, she's "vested".... meaning she's less likely to leave it sit on shelf untried because she had to pay something for that stuff....
3. I can still give her bits and pieces over time that I'm not using, and juices I don't like.... but by that time I can see if she's actually sticking with it..... otherwise I'll give it to someone else who will use it!

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
As a 33-year-old kollej boy, I tend to be able to relate on a peer-to-peer level with my professors far more easily than I can with most of my classmates.

Anyway, one of my professors, upon whom I could always count on to give two leisurely smoke breaks during his three-hour lectures, (during each of which much breeze was shot) encountered me vaping last week and was very curious. I gave him an executive summary on the spot, typed him up a novella about the basics of vaping, plus a few sample starter kit ideas (plus prices and where to obtain them) and sent it off to him, with a footnote saying that if he's still on the fence, I'll loan him my starter eGos for a couple months, and whip him up a couple of different juices to get him going, so he's into it for the cost of some cartos or clearos to start.

Haven't seen him yet this week, and all I've heard back via email is a thanks for the information, though to be fair he is very busy. I'll have to see what he's decided, if anything, next time I run into him.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
You probably do have to be careful I suppose.... lots of folks get excited about stuff when shown, but there's no follow-thru. when my neighbor got excited about my stuff, I offered to order for her, but she had to pay me when the payments went went thru. I'm sure soon enough I'll have accumulated stuff I could have given her, but I looked at it this way:
1. She actually has more disposable income than I do.
2. Now that she's had to invest a small amount to start out, she's "vested".... meaning she's less likely to leave it sit on shelf untried because she had to pay something for that stuff....
3. I can still give her bits and pieces over time that I'm not using, and juices I don't like.... but by that time I can see if she's actually sticking with it..... otherwise I'll give it to someone else who will use it!

I she can then she should....

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
As a 33-year-old kollej boy, I tend to be able to relate on a peer-to-peer level with my professors far more easily than I can with most of my classmates.

Anyway, one of my professors, upon whom I could always count on to give two leisurely smoke breaks during his three-hour lectures, (during each of which much breeze was shot) encountered me vaping last week and was very curious. I gave him an executive summary on the spot, typed him up a novella about the basics of vaping, plus a few sample starter kit ideas (plus prices and where to obtain them) and sent it off to him, with a footnote saying that if he's still on the fence, I'll loan him my starter eGos for a couple months, and whip him up a couple of different juices to get him going, so he's into it for the cost of some cartos or clearos to start.

Haven't seen him yet this week, and all I've heard back via email is a thanks for the information, though to be fair he is very busy. I'll have to see what he's decided, if anything, next time I run into him.

Sounds like the professor should be "educated" in the lessons of common courtesy

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
My Redds Kit has been quite giving as well. It got me and the better half vaping, got family members interested ( not quite there yet ) got two of the guys at work to try vaping, one of them have the redds kit currently.

I made a video way back in the day because there weren't any online at the time I got it, and I ended up winning happyvapers contest and won $200 as a shopping spree.

I couldn't make up my mind on what to get so I decided to wait to see if they were getting anything new in and I just ordered a Zmax from them and a kick!

So because of the redds kit I now have a twist I can pass along :D

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
My Redds Kit has been quite giving as well. It got me and the better half vaping, got family members interested ( not quite there yet ) got two of the guys at work to try vaping, one of them have the redds kit currently.

I made a video way back in the day because there weren't any online at the time I got it, and I ended up winning happyvapers contest and won $200 as a shopping spree.

I couldn't make up my mind on what to get so I decided to wait to see if they were getting anything new in and I just ordered a Zmax from them and a kick!

So because of the redds kit I now have a twist I can pass along :D

That's really cool shades... on all counts... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread