Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyobraska

Apr 13, 2012
Scottsbluff, NE
I have previously used a Volt from Smokeless Image, but lost it when I moved. I did some googling and discovered v2 cigs. I know they get some bad reviews on the site, but I am a fan of the Power Cig, which I keep plugged into my computer at work. It's pretty convenient, since I don't have to worry about charging and changing batteries. I also have one at home connected to my computer there, and I'm fairly happy with it.

That being said, the cartomizers from v2 are kinda sketchy in my opinion. Sometimes they last quite awhile and sometimes they seem to run dry very quickly. Also, I'm not a huge fan of their flavors.

When I had my Volt, I was a huge fan of the flavor cartridges that Smokeless Image sold. My questions is whether or not I could buy some Volt cartridges and use them with the power cig from v2.

I know I'm a n00b, so if it would be better for me to just get an entirely new kit from a more reputable vendor, could you please offer me some recommendations? Does any other vendor sell something comparable to the Power Cig from v2?

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any advice you can offer.

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
Your power cig is kr808d1. So any 808 threaded cartomizers will work, Myvaporstore, Vapor4life, are two that I have used with v-2 batteries. I would contact Smokeless image and tell them you have a v2 power cig 808 threaded and will their cartomizers work with it. Or hopefully someone will come along the the exact answer.

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
I do not own either device, but watched a review from Grimm Green about the Volt. The Volt is basically the same device as the Bloog Maxx Fusion (just different branding) which utilizes kr808d connection. Jersey Girl stated that the v2 battery is a kr808d connection so based on this information I would say that you could use the Volt cartos on your v2 batteries. Hopefully someone here will be able to give you more of a definitive answer but based on the information I stated I would have to say yes.

Hope this helps!!

Wyobraska

Apr 13, 2012
Scottsbluff, NE
Thanks everyone! I contacted Smokeless Image and confirmed that their cartros will work with the v2.

Then I got to browsing and wound up ordering a Volt X2 1300 mah battery and a couple clearomizers. I hope they are as nice as they look. I'll keep my v2's for sitting at the computer and use the new battery config for traveling.

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
Be careful having that thing plugged into any computers. The 5v passthrough devices can draw up to 2 amps which is far more than the USB controller chipsets on most motherboards are rated to handle (typically 0.5 amps). I use a couple of different higher voltage passthroughs and picked up some 2 amp rated AC adapters and car adapters from amazon to power them.

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Thanks everyone! I contacted Smokeless Image and confirmed that their cartros will work with the v2.

Then I got to browsing and wound up ordering a Volt X2 1300 mah battery and a couple clearomizers. I hope they are as nice as they look. I'll keep my v2's for sitting at the computer and use the new battery config for traveling.

Sounds great!! Hope everything works out well for you :D

Wyobraska

Apr 13, 2012
Scottsbluff, NE
Be careful having that thing plugged into any computers. The 5v passthrough devices can draw up to 2 amps which is far more than the USB controller chipsets on most motherboards are rated to handle (typically 0.5 amps). I use a couple of different higher voltage passthroughs and picked up some 2 amp rated AC adapters and car adapters from amazon to power them.

I'm hoping the x2 I ordered will hold a charge for a full day, so I can recharge at night and do away with the passthru altogether. It's nice having it available at my desk, but I find that I spend more time at my desk now, and the cables are kinda messy. It would be great to be portable again.

This will be my first clearo, so I'm anxious for it to arrive and try it out. The nicquid is much cheaper than buying cartos all the time. I figure I can buy two or three clearos and a couple bottles of nicquid a month and wind up saving a bunch of money, and get a better experience as well.

Wyobraska

Apr 13, 2012
Scottsbluff, NE
Glad everything is working out for you. Let me know how the clearo's work for you. And how long they last.

Just checked my tracking info and I should have my new X2 battery and the clearos tomorrow. I'm hoping the 2-3 week life stated on the Smokeless Image site is accurate. I plan on filling both of the clearos I ordered with a different flavor nicquid and switching them out every so often, so theoretically I should get a month or so out of them, depending on how much I vape. I'll reply back to this to this thread once the clearos die.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone, and also for the tips on what to use with my v2.

Wyobraska

Apr 13, 2012
Scottsbluff, NE
OK... got my clearos and I love em. They are starting to wear down, though, but still working after three weeks of use. I'm not out of liquid yet, so I'm hoping I can get them to last for the rest of the month. I'll probably place a refill order to Smokeless Image in the next couple of days. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to give these things a try, I say go for it. They are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread