National Call to Action! White House lines are busy?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I called, the lady I talked to didn't seem to want to listen to much I had to say. But either way I talked her ear off for about ten minutes how good these products are for helping people. And without the variety of mods and flavors I would have never stopped smoking. Give the people the right to make their own decisions with what they want to out in their body. Don't stop everything due to money and not being able to tax these products like they do tobacco.

I'm not entirely sure when they're doing the voting on the bill but I at least wanted to voice my opinion.

vaping has helped countless people quit smoking including myself. Keep fighting people. Keep calling!!!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I tried several times to get through yesterday, always got a busy signal. So I just called this morning. Figured a day late is better than nothing. I got through first try. People are right, they are rude! I was almost finished, just sticking to the CASSA points in the email. When the lady on the line cut me off and said curtly " Alright, I've got your comments, I'll pass them along. Thank you!"

I don't know, I'm taking it as a good sign? I think a lot of vapers came through. They seem to be tired of us :)

Everyone, if you were not able to get through yesterday, please, please call today. It's better than doing nothing. Believe me, it was difficult for me to do. I can be very awkward, and shy. But I did it. That means anyone can! :thumbs:

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I tried several times to get through yesterday, always got a busy signal. So I just called this morning. Figured a day late is better than nothing. I got through first try. People are right, they are rude! I was almost finished, just sticking to the CASSA points in the email. When the lady on the line cut me off and said curtly " Alright, I've got your comments, I'll pass them along. Thank you!"

I don't know, I'm taking it as a good sign? I think a lot of vapers came through. They seem to be tired of us :)

Everyone, if you were not able to get through yesterday, please, please call today. It's better than doing nothing. Believe me, it was difficult for me to do. I can be very awkward, and shy. But I did it. That means anyone can! :thumbs:
I got cut off as well, I was starting on another point and the lady goes. "Ok, thank you for calling you have a great weekend."

At least I got through and did my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Definitely try today! Thank you Jugband for overcoming your shyness :thumbs:

I suffer the same affliction. It helps me to have everything written of what I want to say in front of me. It seriously is written exactly as I want. I just read the paper out loud. :lol: I still stumble : facepalm:

Forum life suits me to a 'T'. Gives me time to think and edit before posting. :laugh:

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Definitely try today! Thank you Jugband for overcoming your shyness :thumbs:

I suffer the same affliction. It helps me to have everything written of what I want to say in front of me. It seriously is written exactly as I want. I just read the paper out loud. :lol: I still stumble : facepalm:

Forum life suits me to a 'T'. Gives me time to think and edit before posting. :laugh:
Great point! I'm the exact same way. If it wasn't written out for me I wouldn't have known where to start. Having it right in front of you makes it so easy!

One more time, this is soooo important! For anyone out there that is struggling with fear, it couldn't be easier! You can do it! Every phone call helps! Trust me, you'll be so glad you did your part.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
"Ok I have your comments and I'll pass them along." Translation - "Are you done yapping about vaping I'm playing Candy Crush Saga?"
Same spiel I received. I didn't even get to start my second sentence before I got that said to me. At least I was able to convey my displeasure over the current deeming proposed.

Candy crush, huh? Never got into that. Didn't even want to look at the game since I saw so many people just absolutely glued to their phones playing that game. Even when they were supposed to be working :grr:

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Same spiel I received. I didn't even get to start my second sentence before I got that said to me. At least I was able to convey my displeasure over the current deeming proposed.

Candy crush, huh? Never got into that. Didn't even want to look at the game since I saw so many people just absolutely glued to their phones playing that game. Even when they were supposed to be working :grr:

Never played it myself, just wrote down the first game that I'm always getting invited to play and never do. :lol:

All my favorites need controllers. :D

Reactions: Robino1

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I wanted to ask. Did anyone else go on and on about how they think what they're trying to do is unfair. How it's helped a lot of people. And the fact that blue ecigs and other products like that didn't come close to actual vaping with a mod and addy. How more flavors and mod choices made it easier to quit smoking. All in all saying you don't like what they're trying to do.

Then get asked. "So you agree with what they are trying to pass?"

Umm no, not at all?!?

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Reactions: Coldrake

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Oh I understand. But now that I look back. I feel like the lady I talked to didn't listen to a word I said. If she was listening. She wouldn't have had to ask what my opinion was.

Honestly, like the brutal type. They aren't listening just opening phone lines so in the press release right before they say they have approved the bill can say,"We listened to your concerns but...".

This country has been out of the people's hands for a long time now. I'd love to feel like my voice matters like back in the post revolutionary period and town hall meetings but that hasn't been the case for a century or more.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Trying something is better than doing nothing at all. That's how we lost control I'm the first place IMO.. just saying..
I agree. When I was a smoker and they were making all those laws, I went along because I bought into the crap they were saying. I didn't fight it. I'm sad that I didn't.

I am fighting now. I really think they thought we would just roll over like we did when they pushed us into sections, then those sections got smaller, then they pushed us outside. Then they pushed us down the block away from entrances. Then they pushed us to the back of buildings so we couldn't be seen. (see the subliminal messages?) Then they made us leave properties. Now they are trying to tell smokers that they cannot smoke in their own cars. They tell smokers that they cannot smoke in open air places. A legal product that is illegal to use.

I WILL NOT LET THEM DO IT TO ME AGAIN! :grr:

Last edited:

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Trying something is better than doing nothing at all. That's how we lost control I'm the first place IMO.. just saying..

I agree and I do my part on more fronts than just vaping (Austin's finally coming around) but I take it with a grain of salt. Even when the government rules favorably on something there's always a catch and that's what bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread