National Save Vaping Day! Today! (7th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Today is National Save vaping day, an event organised by CASAA and AVA. These organisations both work tirelessly on our behalf, and have really had their work cut out recently, as you can imagine.

Every little bit helps, whether it's a tweet, a donation or just getting your next order from somewhere who supports the future of vaping. Let's make some noise and make a difference!

Find out more here - nationalsavevapingday.com

Or listen to what Alex has to say here:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I truly appreciate all that they are trying to do to save vaping. I followed the link and made a small donation. I figure with as many people that are just on ECF that we could make a huge difference to help fund these people that are fighting for us. I know not everyone can afford it but if you can then you should.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Donation to both the AVA and CASAA sent.

P.S. It's unfortunate that, in the video above, Alex says National Save Vaping day is Saturday, October 7. I hope that doesn't confuse people too much.

Oh dear, it's definitely today!

BA0701

Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    So, given this push against vaping is clearly being driven by big tobacco, these folks speaking to these bought off politicians need to remind them that pipe tobacco comes in all sorts of flavors, and there's no ban on the sale and manufacture of it.

Really sad, got an email this weekend that Gremlin Juice, my ADV, is shutting down beginning today, all because of this idiocy. It is big tobacco buying politicians, nothing new here.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    So, given this push against vaping is clearly being driven by big tobacco, these folks speaking to these bought off politicians need to remind them that pipe tobacco comes in all sorts of flavors, and there's no ban on the sale and manufacture of it.

Really sad, got an email this weekend that Gremlin Juice, my ADV, is shutting down beginning today, all because of this idiocy. It is big tobacco buying politicians, nothing new here.
    Who the group consists of has altered though. It seems to have been joined by a few pharmaceutical companies who feel e-cigarettes compete with their extremely high margin nicotine patches, and some anti-smoking groups who have had their information messed with by those pharmaceutical companies and years worth of manipulated “research” pumped through the Italian cut out loop hole by BT to the point that they are actually supporting cigarettes.

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    www.twitter.com
    Today is National Save Vaping day, an event organised by CASAA and AVA. These organisations both work tirelessly on our behalf, and have really had their work cut out recently, as you can imagine.

Every little bit helps, whether it's a tweet, a donation or just getting your next order from somewhere who supports the future of vaping. Let's make some noise and make a difference!

Find out more here - nationalsavevapingday.com

Or listen to what Alex has to say here:

I had no idea Vince Gilligan was so passionate about vaping.

But seriously, that's awesome that these organizations work so hard to defend our right to vape, & vape flavors. In the past couple weeks I've written letters to both of my state senators, my governor, & my local district rep denouncing a possible flavor ban here in Ohio.

Keep up the great work! I know I'll keep doing what I can. :)

BA0701

Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Who the group consists of has altered though. It seems to have been joined by a few pharmaceutical companies who feel e-cigarettes compete with their extremely high margin nicotine patches, and some anti-smoking groups who have had their information messed with by those pharmaceutical companies and years worth of manipulated “research” pumped through the Italian cut out loop hole by BT to the point that they are actually supporting cigarettes.
    I had no idea the pharma companies had gotten involved, but it makes total sense after your explanation. It just proves the point, once again, stopping people from smoking cigarettes was never their goal, it's always been about transforming those purchases into another form of revenue.

Most hypocritical part, cigarettes have literally killed millions around the world, you can go right now and buy a pack, less than 20 people have died from vaping and it must be immediately banned. Government is such a corrupted ......

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    I've tweeted, donated and sent letters to my reps and senators today. What will you do? :)

And why isn't there more activity on this thread?? o_O

BA0701

Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I've tweeted, donated and sent letters to my reps and senators today. What will you do? :)

And why isn't there more activity on this thread?? o_O

The exact question I've been asking on this subject all along, that petition Rip Trippers has been speaking of had less than 180k signatures when I signed it. Incredibly weak showing by the community, tbh. You either stand up and stop the government from intruding too far into your life, or lie down and be run over by it.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I donated to both organisations - even though I live in New Zealand, what happens in the USA affects us worldwide. And I hope every little donation helps Save Vaping :thumb:

I know most of us here have plenty of gear, and diy ejuices. But it is the current smokers I am donating to help. I want them to have the same opportunities I did, when I needed to quit smoking,

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    www.twitter.com
    I meant to say this yesterday on National Save Vaping Day, but about a week ago I sent a stern but polite letter to one of my state senators & my local Rep. I had already signed the petitions weeks ago.

Then a few days ago I sent a letter to my other Senator & my Ohio governor. Been trying to do everything I can to fight against this flavor ban BS. Gonna start calling lawmakers on the phone likely today.

But I feel that what some people are saying about not enough of us getting involved is true. No one is gonna sign a petition, write a letter, or make a call for you if you're a vaper & you care about your rights. There are well over 10 million of us, & the couple hundred thousand signatures gathered, although welcome, is frankly pathetic.
    What is that, maybe 1 in 100 vapers willing to do the bare minimum? It's not nearly enough.

Wait too long & those of us who sat on their hands will never know the difference they could've made. Do I really need to point out that we stand stronger together?

But I haven't lost hope, & neither should you! If you're reading this & you haven't already, please contact your state governor, state senators, & district rep & tell them that a flavor ban is a terrible idea! Assume they know nothing & set them straight on the facts. Be stern but polite, as I mentioned. Get the vapers in your life fired up & involved!

We need more help if the industry as we know it will survive the flavor ban.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread