Nautilus 1.8 Coil with Cloupor DNA 30. Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrandyp

Nov 15, 2014
Chillicothe
I'm trying to figure this out, so hopefully someone can help me. I have done a lot of digging and I understand most of it so I will just try to explain it.

I just got my Cloupor dna 30 in the mail today and its freaking awesome. I was hoping to use it with my Nautilus tank with a 1.8 ohm coil installed BDC. I was vaping on my MVP 2.0 around 3.9 - 4.0 volts. I can't get the DNA 30 to stay regulated under 11.9 watts. Which is reading 4.5 volts. Anything under 11.9 Watts and the Ohms start blinking on the display meaning that it is switching into unregulated mode and dumping straight from the battery. The battery I have is a Purple eFest 2500mAh 35A 3.7 18650. I can't seem to understand why the DNA 30 is not being able to go under this point. A freshly charged battery shouldnt be outputting 4.5volts? Correct? Wrapping my mind around this I feel that I should be able to atleast go down to 10.5 Watts because at that point it then reads 4.2. Even at 11 Watts it wants to fire at 4.3 volts. BUT, it switches over to unregulated with the flashing ohms.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Im trying to figure this all out.

I have it set currently to 12 watts, which it says is 4.5volts and it is staying regulated at that point. But i feel like this is too much for the coil that I have in my nautilus. I get a good vape, until i hit it about 3 times in a row ill get a burnt hit.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Hello and welcome, all Ecig batteries put out 4.2 volts full charged. Anything under that the dna/cloupor will blink.

I would buy some of the BVC coils and you can crank them up without any burnt up to 18-19 watts.

I run my KFL on mine at 12-15 watts not problem, but build around 1.2 ohms.

The dna sweet spot is 1.2-1.6 ohms.

The mvp will regulate below 4.2 and dna can't. Just the nature of the beast.

mrandyp

Nov 15, 2014
Chillicothe
I just dont understand why I am stuck at 4.5 volts. When a fully charged battery only puts out 4.2 volts, why is the mod making me vape at 4.5 to stay regulated? Shouldn't I be able to go down to 11 watts at least? I cant go below 12. When I try to vape at 11 watts it fires unregulated reporting 4.3 volts. Thats still a higher voltage than the battery at that point.

I just am trying to figure out if I have a defective unit or not. :confused:

VapinMark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2010
Navarre FL
I second the Nautilus BVC 1.6 coils, they really start to shine above 10 watts.

I don't believe the watts measurement is a fixed rate, how else can a 5v max on a mvp at 11 watts compare with something like a device with a 6v max and 20 watts.

I don't know the math but I'd start with the lowest regulated setting and go up until it tastes the best.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I have heard of clone DNA boards, and also Evolve boards, misreading the resistance of a coil. The mod uses what it thinks the coil is to do it's calculations. It also reads the battery voltage.

So, if any of the board's readings are off then it will do the wrong thing.

What does the board think your atty is? what does the board think the voltage of your battery is? If it is reading your atty low, or it really is low, then it might not be able to supply what Ohm's law says it needs for voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread