Nautilus GT Mini - Cant Remove Factory Installed Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would insert a hex/Allen tool into the air hole in the base for leverage and grasp the dead coil with locking pliers.

What methods have you tried thus far to remove the coil head ? Heat/cold/tools/water/hammer

I dont know any method and I did not try anything. Where will I find hex tool , plier at the middle of pandemic ? These chinese goods always fails in a week.

Please suggest few easy method .

Umut

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Without knowing what tools and equipment are available for your use, the easy method is to throw it away and buy another.

Do you have basic hand tools? a hammer? rubber bands? a freezer?, boiling water? a garlic press? a fork?, newspaper?

a)Using two forks, insert tine from fork one into air hole on 510 base, insert tine of fork two into wicking hole of coil head; unscrew the coil head anti-clockwise.

b)Pop unit into freezer or boiling water to attempt to loosen the threaded connection.

c)Smash top of coil head with hammer for more surface area, trap smashed part in a drawer or door and unscrew the 510 base.

Hope you get it sorted!

Cheers
I

Without knowing what tools and equipment are available for your use, the easy method is to throw it away and buy another.

Do you have basic hand tools? a hammer? rubber bands? a freezer?, boiling water? a garlic press? a fork?, newspaper?

a)Using two forks, insert tine from fork one into air hole on 510 base, insert tine of fork two into wicking hole of coil head; unscrew the coil head anti-clockwise.

b)Pop unit into freezer or boiling water to attempt to loosen the threaded connection.

c)Smash top of coil head with hammer for more surface area, trap smashed part in a drawer or door and unscrew the 510 base.

Hope you get it sorted!

Cheers
I

I have put the bottom unit in to freezer and weared rubber gloves and in 30 minutes , with little force , coil came out without any damage. Thank you very much Izan , You are great and Happy New Year.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just grab the old coil head with a set of pliers instead of your hands. You'll most likely damage the coil head but if you're replacing it I assume it's toast and ready for the trash bin anyhow.

Regardless of what method you use, make sure that after you remove the old coil head to inspect the bore where it screws into to make sure there's no gunk or parts of the old coil head's oring/seal before you install a new one. In fact, a nice cleaning would be a good idea, that way you can inspect better and clean is always a nice thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread