Nautilus Mini spitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so i hope i'm posting this in the right place, but i have a nautilus mini that i've had since december and i just bought a new coil for it yesterday from my trusted local vape shop and it was working okay at first, but then it started gurgling and spitting juice into my mouth

this isn't the first time it's done this, i actually stopped using it for a while because of this problem (and the coils were old, so i thought that's what was causing it) but i just put a new coil in and it's still happening...

i have scoured the internet for reasons why this might be happening and i've tried every trick in the book and nothing has worked

PLEASE HELP!

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
It sounds like your coil head is flooded.

Try turning your entire setup upside down and start vaping. Doing so will allow you to vaporize the excess eliquid in your coil head while preventing extra eliquid from getting to the wick. Alternatively, you can also try taking your tank apart and soaking up any excess liquid in the coil and the chimney (the tube that leads from the coil head to your drip tip) with a paper towel or Q-Tip.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I've had it happen to me. There are a couple of things I've done to fix it. If you have any VG, add a little bit to your juice. These coils wick so well when new that they tend to flood. It may take a day or so vaping with it to get a proper wick going. Another technique I tried was blowing out right before an inhale as if it were an rda. This may be against other advice but it stopped spitting and it worked for me.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Turning upside down only allows more juice to seep inside the outer sleeve between the coil casing. Just grab a paper towel and place it over the air hole and blow into the mouthpiece, use the largest setting.

Now for why this may be happening....the tighter the draw you are set at the more juice you will suck in, try using the largest bore. You may hit the draw real hard also, try easing up, smoother hits and draw longer. But if you are a good sport, being you are a female....don't suck so hard! :D. And lastly, what ratio of PG/VG is being used, if 100% PG it just may be a too thin? This I doubt very much is the case but.......

Another thing you can do is remove the drip tip and remove any residual juice in the bore it sits in, also use a Q tip in the drip tip.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Turning upside down only allows more juice to seep inside the outer sleeve between the coil casing. Just grab a paper towel and place it over the air hole and blow into the mouthpiece, use the largest setting.

The outer sleeve this threaded and thus gets screwed onto the coil casing. The amount of liquid that gets past the threads during a couple of upside down hits is minimal at best.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
I run the min's exclusively for my ADV and have had the same issue from time to time. I have particularly with my recent change in juice mixture: 50/50. Never really experienced it with 65/35. My findings is this: with the 50/50 mix I need to run my iStick at 10.4 watts (4.2 volts) anything less and it gurgles after some time. Believe this or not, with the 65/35 or 70/30 (pg/vg) I can run at 8.6 watts without issue.

What's my answer to the problem when it happens, wrap a paper towel around it and give it a good blow 4-5 times (take it off your battery first) and dry it off. Jack your watts way up and hit it a few times, then return it to "normal" watts. Bet it works for you! Another thing comes to mind, if you haven't gotten a new coil since December, you likely had the old ceramic style coil, and now have the new cotton style coil, they do wick differently.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I asked a few others about this and I was told that this happens more often with the 1.8 ohm BVC coils. The 1.6 coils have a slightly larger coil and burns just a bit hotter. I used the 1.6 coil that my Naut came with and never had any of the gurgling or spitting. I still haven't tried it yet but my next step is to build a 1.6 coil. I'll post my results.

skillzizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2015
west lebanon nh
i used to have the original nautilus and it did stuff like that all the time. I would take it off the mod flip it upside down and blow air up through it will pull the floaded juice out. I had so many problems with those i had a couple that found there way to the trash can. hope you get yours to work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread