Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've got the Nautilus with hollowed tank (I guess that's what they are called) it looks good - but I can't get the POS apart to fill it!!!

I'm pretty upset at the moment. I've been working on it all day. If it was a $10 clone I'd throw it away - but it's not. It was about 5x's that much and I've got almost as much in coils coming. I'm about to swear off "authentics" forever. GRRRRRRR. Crap like this is HUGE problem in my vaping. I'm going through a spell of non-stop equipment frustrations. Why can't they make a top fill? I want something that WORKS.

I've even tried vice grips.
I almost ripped my teeth out.
Any other idess?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I think I'll try both cold and hot (not at once). I probably need the glass to expand and the plastic to contract. I'll try hot first to soften the plastic in the base?

I got the metal hollowed sleeve for it (criss cross pattern) and it was a very tight fit. I got it apart once to refill - barely and now it won't open again. I never used the glass tank it came with. I did check the security codes and they are genuine parts.

Not being able to refill left me high and dry with nothing to vape. Not cool.

DON'T TAKE MY NIC AWAY!

Last edited:

maraud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
I had mine get stuck but not to where I couldn't unscrew it just that the grommet (big silicon seal on bottom) started to pull off. Ever since, just like with an oil filter, I put a tab of nic on the seal before screwing it in so it doesn't stick. Your best bet is two channel locks and a cloth for the tank part so you don't scratch it i'd think.

Mikepresjr

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
Claremore, OK
Had to channel lock mine loose the first time I refilled it. Then I just screwed it on until there was a little bit of resistance and just vaped away. It kind of vacuums itself tighter as you vape on it as well, so just screw it on until the bottom of the o-ring meets the glass and stop there. Maybe an extra half turn if you're on the fence about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread