The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nbc now!

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by calico21, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. calico21

calico21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

2. Krazirob

Krazirob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Cameron, NC
    have they talked about it yet....just tuned in.....its NBC nightly news with Tom Brokaw right?

3. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    Watching now, nothing yet unless I missed it.

4. Talyon

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    It's on now. Talking about students etc...

5. Joeyjoe

Joeyjoe Moved On

Aug 19, 2013
    Canada
    Was the piece about the CDC "Study" of e-cig use increasing in teens? In the words if George W Bush looks like MSM is attempting to "Catapult the Propaganda" to pave the way for the upcoming FDA regulation.

6. Talyon

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    Short bit, but was half and half, still lots of ignorance out there by people who well never educate themselves and take the path of least resistance.

Ty for sharing OP.

7. calico21

I think they just threw us under the bus. It totally will have people saying I told you so! I am so flipping angry right now I don't know where to start but NBC will be hearing from me!

8. calico21

yes.yes.yes.

9. sawalke4

sawalke4 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Florida, USA
    Of course the interview some teenager as their representative to vapers who did nothing to give any substantial info about vaping.

10. calico21

The "student" who looked really close to 18 if not older stated he already had tried cigarettes! Not that he tried vaping first, but that's how they tried to spin it with thier statistics.

11. Krazirob

Krazirob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Cameron, NC
    at least this proves my age limit thing.....not all states regulate underage selling of ecigs.........but the rest of the story was complete BS......like who cares if teenagers are becoming exposed to nicotine......teenagers have been exposed to nicotine for the last 100 years or more......at least this time its a healthier alternative......geesh....

12. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Oh great. "For the children!!!", "lifetime addiction!!!" and yet another reference to the crappy 2009 "toxic chemicals!!!" FDA report all wrapped up in a 90 second sound bite.

13. Texace146

Texace146 Full Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Houston, TX
    They also talked about how because e-liquids come in various flavors such as apple and watermelon that e-cig manufacturers USE THAT to MARKET TO KIDS...

*~*~*~*~*~!!!!!<=== B U L L S H I T ===>!!!!!~*~*~*~*~*

Excuse me, but does that mean that just because I'm an adult, I should only be confined to "adult" cereals with no flavor like CORN FLAKES?! ...... that! I'm 28 and I'm still cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, so leggo my Eggo because I've gotta have my Pops, and I want me Lucky Charms! When I was a smoker, I was SOOO pissed when they took away flavored cigarettes. I was in LOVE with those Camel Cremas that came in a tin case. Those were the absolute BEST cigarettes out there. But if they do that to e-cigarettes, I'm gonna just explode. I mean, seriously. How the hell could they get away with that if they banned flavors? There's so many DIYers out there, even if regulation is tough, I don't see how they'd ban flavors. Still chaps my ... though when they talk about the children... THE CHILDREN!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! That's the death of this country is overzealous soccer mom's putting their b***ard offspring in timeout, attending PTA meetings and enacting ....ty rules and lobbyists and regulations and bureaucrats and...

( <==<==<==- TEXACE EXPLODES -==>==>==> )

14. Uma

Uma Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Calif
    Did anybody read the transcript? Cracks me up. Basically, it says:
    Kid: I quit smoking gross cigs by switching over to the cleaner vapor ecig.
    News: we MUST ban eCigs from anyone under 18 yo!! Kids quitting smoking is outrageous!

Let me see if I can upload a screenshot:
    image.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.