Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Love my three Pulse 22 RDAs for squonking. Easy to build, decent flavor and vapor, and as leak-proof as can be expected for a squonking rda.

My problem is the cap. On all three, it is nearly impossible to remove the cap. I have to put on latex gloves for grip, and attach the rda to a threaded atty stand to wrench the cap off. Even then, it's really tough to remove.

Anyone else experience this?...and what did you do to make the cap easier to remove and replace?

Lubing the o-rings with VG doesn't seem to have any effect. I guess thinner o-rings might work.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Same as @Nick N

I removed both of the top o-rings on mine. Still not easy to remove, but it helps a great deal.

If you do this and it's still difficult, try replacing the remaining o-ring with one of the spares. Even though they should be the same, all o-rings aren't created equal. I've replaced them with spares before when the originals were too tight or too loose and ended up with a better fit.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thanks for the suggestions.

I really like the RDA, but if I can't get the top off without a struggle it's useless. I'll try the o-rings, but is that doesn't help, I may put the caps on a drill motor and try sanding and polishing the inside with a fine grit paper to slightly increase the ID of the caps.

Really, at this point, nothing to lose.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
3C02B73C-0DEB-443C-867C-5B60C73DD120.jpeg
The 2 nudge 22s I have are like this. So annoying. I end up using this tool and even with this it’s still very difficult.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I also took one of the o-rings off each section of the pulse to make it easier. One of them was still bad so I replaced the o-rings with some from a different atomizer (entheon clone maybe?) and now i have zero issues. The o-rings vandy vape used are thicker than they needed to be. Now I have all 4 o-rings in place on the one that gave me the most problems and no leaking or struggling to get the cap off.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks for the suggestions.

I really like the RDA, but if I can't get the top off without a struggle it's useless. I'll try the o-rings, but is that doesn't help, I may put the caps on a drill motor and try sanding and polishing the inside with a fine grit paper to slightly increase the ID of the caps.

Really, at this point, nothing to lose.
I've had an RDA or 2 that underwent this particular surgery. It works. Wet sand with 800 grit, then 1000. Then a metal polish. Fixed the problem right up. It's unfortunate that we have to do these types of things to atomizers from time to time. Seems like we'd be past that by now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread