Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
So, tonight I wanted to vape some 0mg, but didn't have any on hand and didn't feel like making any in the moment, so for the first time I just added some of my non-nic base (50 pg/50vg) to a 2 ml tank that was nearly empty. I thought it would be basically no-to-little flavor (like just the same slightly sweet taste from the plain VG, but no real flavor) after the first few puffs, but the flavor of the juice that was originally in the tank actually carried through pretty strongly for the whole tank. Huh! I did not expect that. As a test, I then chose a 3 ml tank about 1/4 full and added base only. Again, much more flavor continuity than I expected.

I always thought half plain base plus half regular e liquid would taste half as strong, 2/3 base plus 1/3 liquid would taste only a third as strong, and so on. So far, this doesn't really seem to be the case. Obviously, it's not the same as full-flavor, but it's not nearly as weak on flavor as I expected. This is interesting and intriguing, and I have questions. Is this also your own experience? Do you do this very often for any reason? Have you ever added one drop of concentrate to a nude tank for immediate vaping? (I haven't tried this yet, just wondering now.)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, tonight I wanted to vape some 0mg, but didn't have any on hand and didn't feel like making any in the moment, so for the first time I just added some of my non-nic base (50 pg/50vg) to a 2 ml tank that was nearly empty. I thought it would be basically no-to-little flavor (like just the same slightly sweet taste from the plain VG, but no real flavor) after the first few puffs, but the flavor of the juice that was originally in the tank actually carried through pretty strongly for the whole tank. Huh! I did not expect that. As a test, I then chose a 3 ml tank about 1/4 full and added base only. Again, much more flavor continuity than I expected.

I always thought half plain base plus half regular e liquid would taste half as strong, 2/3 base plus 1/3 liquid would taste only a third as strong, and so on. So far, this doesn't really seem to be the case. Obviously, it's not the same as full-flavor, but it's not nearly as weak on flavor as I expected. This is interesting and intriguing, and I have questions. Is this also your own experience? Do you do this very often for any reason? Have you ever added one drop of concentrate to a nude tank for immediate vaping? (I haven't tried this yet, just wondering now.)

What you are seeing is what Many people who DIY have seen. And that is a Significant Reduction of the Flavoring Amount doesn't necessarily mean a Significant Reduction in Flavor.

Here's one I do. And it may Blow your Mind.

Next time you Change Coils or Rebuild your Tank/RTA, prime the Cotton with a Regularly Flavored e-Liquid. Then fill the Tank with Unflavored.

Kinda Amazing how much flavor you get from just a Few Drops of Flavored e-Liquid on a New Wick.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Not a bad plan, putting a tank or 2 unflavoured through once or twice a week. It'll probably extend coil life too and act as a cleaning cycle. Can't hurt!

I've been diluting store bought liquids 100% for a couple years now, don't buy it often but when I do it's double the
nic that I want to account for thinning.

My next top ups will be plain. Why not? Cheers.

Reactions: tazzle

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
This is so fascinating! I'm also wondering about adding plain base to e liquids that are more steeped as opposed less steeped. I've now tried it with small amounts of three juices: one that's steeped for only a couple weeks (but all fruit, so not one that needs much steeping at all, really; it's normally a shake and vape for me), one very well steeped (a couple of months) and now one extremely well steeped (8 months). I'll have to try it with a fresh mix and see if it is as persistent with the flavor. Mind slightly blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread