Need a backup battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
I just got my Crown7 Hydro last week from a local smoke shop and I haven't had an urge to go back to analogs since. I'm a real newbie and could use some advise on where to go from here .
I have only one battery (starter kit ) , and it doesn't last the whole day for me. Does anyone know where i can get a second battery for the best price ? I can get another from crown7 for $15 + shipping , but didn't know if another battery would work with my carts for less money , seeing as there are many identical products under different names... :confused:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No idea. You bought a rebrand and it's possible nobody here will know what model it really is.

Is it the Crown7 Hydro Imperial 2-piece? I recommend you buy a battery from their website - at least they don't charge a ripoff price. $15 is totally reasonable for a battery. You unit might be an RN4081 but it's hard to tell.
https://www.crown7.com/shop/index.php/imperial.html

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
Thanx dormouse
I'm thinking It is a good idea to get the battery from them right now as long as they don't kill me on the shipping. It is a 2 piece. Trying to find more info on this e-cig is hard. 1 week in and im already hooked on vaping ... Started refilling today and it's awesome !!! I've already started converting my fellow smokers here :D

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If the photo at Crown7 is correct, then your model has the threads on the cartomizers, not on the battery?

There are 4 2-piece models I know of that are commonly sold by rebranders

1. KR808D-1 (a popular model here, aka Vapor4Life's Vapor King) but yours is not that because it has the threads on the battery, not on the carto

2. KR808D-2 - mainly a rebrander version which has different threads and the threads are on the battery. Incompatible with the -1 model

3. RN4081 - (a model some people use and like) I think the RN4081 has the threads on its cartos. Not a real popular model because KR808D-1 is more available, more adapters available for it, more prefilled cartos etc

4. E9 - A Chinese wholesaler 2-piece model rebranded by a number of different companies (some of whom are ripoffs and charge $50 for a battery). I have not seen this model available other than from Chinese wholesalers and rebranders. But I believe E9's threads are on the battery and not on the carto

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
The threading is definitely on the carto and the battery has 4 air flow holes around the end. It has a very light draw as you can imagine. It seems to be a good ecig to start for me.
With the prices of the crown7 cartos ($20 for 5 ) , it might be more penny wise for me to pick up a kit with 2 batteries (would love to try a Vapor king w/ manual 808) . And hand over my hydro to my lighter vaping wife ,to go with her crown7 starter kit :)
You certainly are schooling me on all the models. I appreciate it. It seems easy to get ripped off if you don't have knowledge ...

mizzoufan1977

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Ymgie, I know a lot of people say it and some hate them but I started with a Vapor King manual 808 and recently got a Riva 901. They're actually cheaper and have much better battery life, which gives you those plumes of vapor that are hard to find on the VK after the first few drags. I got mine from Liberty-Flights.com (29.99 if you click the 20% off button in the top left). I would also recommend picking up a 901 to 808 adapter. Many of my cartos will screw directly into the 901 connection, but some (clearomizers, for example) require the adapter.

tanguixi

Moved On
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier/Manufacturer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread