Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I agree the Aegis seems a tough old brute (like me really!) but it lacks the USB charging of the Atlas. Every time I have to swap out my Aegis battery I'm reminded of why I liked iStick so much.
The legend can theoretically be usb charged. It’s not a great idea to do it regularly, but it can be done. The port is under the rubber cap on top

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It's not an industructable mod, but tougher than your usual bear.

Was in the Canadian wilderness the other week camping and used my Legend to fight off a Grizzly. However, Canadian bears are overly friendly, known to drink a lot of beer, say “eh!” a lot, and pronounce about as aboot. But they still don’t like Justin Bieber!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Legend or Ages depending on your size needs, yep yep. You can charge via USB if that's a dealbreaker. You shouldn't but you can in a pinch or if you feel that, like every other "I must charge via USB or die with a cigarette in my hand" just know you are shortening the life of your mod, the USB port, and quite possibly overstressing your batteries, but I suppose even all that is better than smoking. Maybe. Unless you become spectacularly unlucky. Etc.

Anna

Love my legend and USED the USB PORT-- for my very first MOD UPDATE! It more than doubled my battery life so I was glad it was pristine.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have an Innokin Atlas but so far it can not keep up with minor drops and is starting to look bad all taped up. I am looking for another mod around the same as mine but better built to be able to hold minor drops
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would check out the all metal body Smoant Battlestar 200W TC.

Bradley74

Sep 28, 2018
I'm not sure why people aren't loving their vapes more. Do you drop your phone too? And your kids?

And you're going to continue to drop it??? You might want to invest in one of these KONG Extreme Dog Toy

And Welcome :banana:
Hey man i'm actually out and about and have a life so ya sometimes I drop my stuff. If my glass tank can survive the fall but my mod can't, sounds like I need a better mod.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sometimes it's just the way it hits, although I drop my mods all the time honestly and have never broken one at ALL. My very first MVP mod has some considerable dents in it but it still works. I retired it more because it chewed through my battery wraps.

Apart from glass which should I be unlucky enough to be facing it in a tank I immediately look for metal cages (unless it's like something like the Innoken Zenith with a fair bit of protection) or non glass tanks that fit. The worst was quartz glass, thank you Zen/HOH it was SUPER luxurious and I think you knew about it's durability so thank you for including a plastic tank for folks like me, but I shattered that stuff by looking at it cross eyed. But yeah, apart from the glass issue it is usually my tanks that die, although to be fair, for the most part, I am looking at you, Ego Mega series of tanks. They hate me. All joytech equipment hates me.

Joytech asked me to review some stuff and I gave them my standard "But I suck at reviews" disclaimer coupled to, "Besides, they way your and I's stuff works together, and let me be clear it is MY fault, not yours, I'd need like 3 sets of gear to get through the review period."

LOL I do not think they will ask again.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hey man i'm actually out and about and have a life so ya sometimes I drop my stuff. If my glass tank can survive the fall but my mod can't, sounds like I need a better mod.
Pretty sure that was a joke. IMO your best bets are the Smoant Battlestar or GeekVape Aegis (single battery) or Legend (dual 18650). All 3 mentioned have proven durability here on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread