Question about Vaping mods/accessories etc reviews....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Being new to the vaping world I am no different than most in that the vaping world is exploding in every direction at one time.
I'm working to keep my dear wife happy while learning this business and so far I've succeeded in at least keeping her happy and making inroads to learning the vaping business.

However.....in reading the reviews and testimony of mods/tanks and accessories and then seeing all the post of the crappy clones/knockoffs that are out there my question is....how do I know I'm getting the same product that is reviewed?

If...say...pbusardo does a review of a product that he's giving a thumbs up to and I really like the product as well...how do I know that when I go to order it online or go into my local B&M store that I'm going to get the real deal and not some knock off that is not nearly as well built and that has minor or major issues?

Am I fighting a losing battle here?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
From what I've seen, Phil Busardo always includes a link where he got the reviewed item from - so it's a safe bet you can get the original there.

Other than that, best advice I can give you is to always use a respectable vendor. You can do your research right here on ECF as to which vendors offer the original products. Registered vendors can also be a good source of original equipment. Always know what you are buying too - research the fakes, look for pictures and note the differences between the real thing and the fake.

You could also get verified here on ECF and buy and sell through the classifieds here. Only genuine items are allowed to be listed and there are hundreds of pretty good deals to be had http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/283955-how-become-verified-member.html

Finally, stay away from Ebay.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I second the staying away from EBay, whether it's for mods, attys, batteries, what have you. It's unfortunate that there are so many unscrupulous vendors there who sell supposed authentic stuff on there when it's a well done fake. There are some trusted vendors there, but you really have to know which ones. It's best to stick with the ECF vendors list.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
From what I've seen, Phil Busardo always includes a link where he got the reviewed item from - so it's a safe bet you can get the original there.

Other than that, best advice I can give you is to always use a respectable vendor. You can do your research right here on ECF as to which vendors offer the original products. Registered vendors can also be a good source of original equipment. Always know what you are buying too - research the fakes, look for pictures and note the differences between the real thing and the fake.

You could also get verified here on ECF and buy and sell through the classifieds here. Only genuine items are allowed to be listed and there are hundreds of pretty good deals to be had http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/283955-how-become-verified-member.html

Finally, stay away from Ebay.

Thanks...yeah I try to visit the site links on the reviews of trusted reviewers....and then bookmark them and I am bad to ck manufacture sites to see if they have trusted sites and make note those...some will post sites that sell known knockoffs...so that helps.
I don't mind buying a knockoff if I know it...but I hate to be sold something believing its the real deal!!!
I saw a post about a mod and I really liked it but several sites were out of stock and one poster said he ordered one from a site that had them on clearance...but it was priced at 25 bucks...and the cheapest I found it anywhere else was in the 55 to 70 buck range....and the poster said he got a surprise of two batteries, a case and something else....and I found none of the other sites were selling only the mod itself..not as a bundled kit....so I didn't order one as I just could not see how this was not a "To good to be real deal".....
So many rip offs out here but I guess its just a matter of staying on her and gathering and sharing the good and the bad!!

Thanks!!

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I second the staying away from EBay, whether it's for mods, attys, batteries, what have you. It's unfortunate that there are so many unscrupulous vendors there who sell supposed authentic stuff on there when it's a well done fake. There are some trusted vendors there, but you really have to know which ones. It's best to stick with the ECF vendors list.

I am not an Ebay buyer...I have made many purchases in the past for my photography studio but that was a whole different ballgame than this is....never once got a bad deal from Ebay....but this is different!!

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
If you're purchasing from an established vendor they will call a clone a clone. Beware anything that says "style" -- a Vision "style" Spinner isn't a Vision Spinner. Many products will also have some sort of authentication code on their packages.

True...I have noticed many of the sites that are trusted vendors mentioned by many on here do have lots of clones listed....that is fine as I know its a clone...but what concerns me is...is there a ton of different clones out there and who can tell which one is which.
We brought home a HANA DNA 30 clone from our local vape shop but he is a known quantity and offers a 30 day in house exchange or refund on any product he sells.....so I felt good about the deal...and its been awesome so far...but what if I see a HANA DNA 30 clone on a site and its about 15/20 bucks cheaper and I would like to pick one up just to have as a back up or to use as a carry out....I feel I have no idea of what I am getting other than its a clone....
I guess there is no way other than just going with the luck of the draw and live and learn!!

Thanks for your responses!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
While I agree that 'if it is sold as an original, it should be an original'. I own several clones that have performed well. that said buyer beware is always the ticket.
Several of the forums, on ECF, offer experiences of users with their original and clone products. Before you buy you might look at them or post a question about a product or vendor. I've bought from Fasttech and Ebay and have gotten good products, you just have to be careful. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
While I agree that 'if it is sold as an original, it should be an original'. I own several clones that have performed well. that said buyer beware is always the ticket.
Several of the forums, on ECF, offer experiences of users with their original and clone products. Before you buy you might look at them or post a question about a product or vendor. I've bought from Fasttech and Ebay and have gotten good products, you just have to be careful. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Yeah..I try to sift through all the threads on ECF to ck about any proposed purchase and it works pretty good.
Thanks for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread