Need a good coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet21234

Aug 9, 2015
Ok so I don't really understand coils too well but the set up I have now are dual macro coils wrapped 11 times each it's about .43 ohms and its in a plume veil rda clone sitting on top of the tesla 160w I've been trying to find a coil that won't suck up too much juice and won't get hot but this set up does both of those I appreciate any and all help (sorry for the poor grammar I'm being rushed with this haha)​

Prophet21234

Aug 9, 2015

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
It's more of a learning experience/personal preference when building coils. Dual coils require more watts and produce more heat. It's hard to guess what gauge wire, your using and what the "perfect vape" is for you. Your cotton should slide threw pretty easy not to tight but not to lose(if that makes sense).

I'm guessing your using 11wraps of 24g kanthal around a 2.4mm? When I build normal contact coils I build 10wraps nichrome80 around a 2.4mm about .3ohm's and vape depending on rda 60-80watts.(I consider this as a warm vape).

Prophet21234

Aug 9, 2015
It's more of a learning experience/personal preference when building coils. Dual coils require more watts and produce more heat. It's hard to guess what gauge wire, your using and what the "perfect vape" is for you. Your cotton should slide threw pretty easy not to tight but not to lose(if that makes sense).

I'm guessing your using 11wraps of 24g kanthal around a 2.4mm? When I build normal contact coils I build 10wraps nichrome80 around a 2.4mm about .3ohm's and vape depending on rda 60-80watts.(I consider this as a warm vape).
Yes normally I use 28 gauge but I've been playing with 24 gauge because I figured since it is thicker wire it wouldn't get as hot

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just to add :) if you want to conserve juice, build 1ohm or higher and single coils. Duel and subohming coils will eat thru juice faster :)

Vaping, the hobby that saved my life.
What rebuildable tank attys would you recommend for coils over 1 ohm? I'm a tootle puffer and prefer cooler Vapes at 8 to 11W.

Toxic Sadness

Apr 11, 2013
United States
What rebuildable tank attys would you recommend for coils over 1 ohm? I'm a tootle puffer and prefer cooler Vapes at 8 to 11W.
The only tank I've used with an rba deck is the Subtank mini v2. I personally like that tank and have had no issues building it higher :) lately, I mostly use rda's, I enjoy dripping.

Vaping, the hobby that saved my life.

Reactions: David Wolf

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

Budget:

Lemo v1 or v2 with airflow closed down to suit you
HCigar HC Plus
UD Aga t5
Focloud can be single or dual
EHPro Mini Buddha

Midrange

eXpromizer

High End:

Kayfun v4
Taifun GT2
Gus Phenomenon
Erlkonigin
Ataman II
Rose v2
Eviva-t
Prometey v3
Nectar
Urba

There are clones of some of the high end tanks as well.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Budget:

HCigar HC Plus
UD Aga t5
Focloud can be single or dual
EHPro Mini Buddha

Midrange

eXpromizer

High End:

Kayfun v4
Taifun GT2
Gus Phenomenon
Erlkonigin
Ataman II
Rose v2
Eviva-t
Prometey v3
Nectar
Urba

Awesome thanks. I was looking at the taifun gt2 and had read about the Ataman. Maybe a clone at first and if I like it the real thing :)

Reactions: roxynoodle

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Budget:
HCigar HC Plus
UD Aga t5
[snip]

Midrange: eXpromizer

High End: Kayfun v4 Taifun GT2 Gus Phenomenon Erlkonigin Ataman II Rose v2 Eviva-t Prometey v3
Nectar Urba

When you say "budget" were you referring to current cost, performance, or both?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
When you say "budget" were you referring to current cost, performance, or both?

Cost :). I have or have had all of them. I recently gave the Aga t5 to a friend because she was having trouble with her Lemo 2s (leaking. Probably a wicking or overtightening issue).

I also have everything else I listed except the Taifun, but I had the v1.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Cost :). I have or have had all of them. I recently gave the Aga t5 to a friend because she was having trouble with her Lemo 2s (leaking. Probably a wicking or overtightening issue).

I also have everything else I listed except the Taifun, but I had the v1.
I went with a kayfun V2 plus kit with nano clone from fasttech. I like a tighter draw and the V4 has too many parts for a tootle puffer like myself haha. One day I'm gonna get an Ataman titanium clone though !

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread