Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I bought the Efest luc v4 elite but it doesnt charge 21xxx or charge if a battery is depleted past 15% . I have the Miboxer c12-4 which does but I have gone thru 2 of them. What would people recommend?

I don't know what you mean by the 15% thing, but the Efest Elite LUC 4 HD does is indeed fit 21700 batts. It's the original LUC 4 that doesn't fit anything longer than 18650.

These are 21700 batteries in the Efest Elite LUC 4 HD Charger...

4JhGrn6cs_mid.jpg

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't know what you mean by the 15% thing, but the Efest Elite LUC 4 HD does is indeed fit 21700 batts. It's the original LUC 4 that doesn't fit anything longer than 18650.

4JhGrn6cs_mid.jpg

4JhGrn6cs_mid.jpg
    The manual says that if the battery is charged less than 15% it wont charge them.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes. It's an Asmodus Collossal

Well, I'm going to have to look into what Efest means by "15%". I think when a battery gets to about 2.0v or below it's not safe to charge it anymore so if that is the voltage (or below) that your mod is discharging batts to, it's tome to get rid of that mod. Typically the cutoff for regulated mods is around 3.5v IIRC, but some go slightly lower than that.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Well, I'm going to have to look into what Efest means by "15%". I think when a battery gets to about 2.0v or below it's not safe to charge it anymore so if that is the voltage (or below) that your mod is discharging batts to, it's tome to get rid of that mod. Typically the cutoff for regulated mods is around 3.5v IIRC, but some go slightly lower than that.

Mods often discharge to 3.2v or 3.3v, with a few going closer to 3v. Any decent charger ought to be able to recharge batteries at that level, but you remembered correctly about the 2v limit. A lot of chargers won't charge batteries that low because they aren't safe. Some chargers have a 'recovery' feature that will try to charge them, but Mooch recommends against trying it. Actually, he says that a battery that goes slightly below 2 v for a brief period only is probably ok, but if it goes much below 2 v or is left below it for any amount of time then it should definitely be scrapped (as should any regulated mod that discharges a battery that far.)

Nonetheless, if @fiddleshe's charger won't charge 21XXX batteries, a new charger is in order. I've heard good things about the Gyrfalcon's @Shawn Hoefer recommended. Xtar is also a good brand (for chargers, not batteries). The X2 and X4 (extended versions) are among the models that can reliably handle 21XXX batteries.

Reactions: fiddleshe

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I havent tried them as I dont have any. It just looks too small to hold them. If you say they fit, I trust you. Lol

21700 batts are only ~5mm longer than 18650 batts. If you put in an 18650 batt, you should see about 10mm or more left at the bottom. Lots of room for 21700. You're good as far as that's concerned.

• Love

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Yes. It's an Asmodus Collossal
    FWIW... the Colossal's are not a problem. They are 100% quality mods.

I just vaped one of my Asmodus Colossal's down to the "Low Battery" warning.

Popped the Molicel P26 18650 battery in my Miboxer C4-12 v2 charger.

It reads 3.35v and 04%. <--- Those are very acceptable numbers.

The battery is charging as any other battery would be.

I have DNA mods where a low battery will be around 3.2v. Also a non issue.

Reactions: Hawise

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    FWIW... the Colossal's are not a problem. They are 100% quality mods.

I just vaped one of my Asmodus Colossal's down to the "Low Battery" warning.

Popped the Molicel P26 18650 battery in my Miboxer C4-12 v2 charger.

It reads 3.35v and 04%. <--- Those are very acceptable numbers.

The battery is charging as any other battery would be.

I have DNA mods where a low battery will be around 3.2v. Also a non issue.
    I dont know then. My 2nd Miboxer died so I cant test. The Asmodus is a few years old. I am ok with retiring it.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    @fiddleshe was that you who dropped your colossal few months ago and had to glue it back together?

BTW: You can check the voltage of your battery at any given point in time on your Efest Elite LUC 4 HD charger. See image above I uploaded last night.
    I did glue it back together but I didnt drop it. It just came apart from putting batteries in and out.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread