Need a new rta the sub tank looks perfect but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hey guys,

Im in the market for a new tank. And im really liking the kanger subtank mini but the small juice channels in the rba section worry me. I was wondering if there are any other clearomizer rba hybrids like the subtank but with better (wider) juice channels. Im not a fan of the delta 2 but I know it does have wider channels than the subtank. I also want to know how the hybrids compare to the other "true" rtas. Thanks for all the help in advanced!

I have a few requirements:
~4+ ml capacity (I go through that in a day easily)
~Bottom adjust afc, no screws
~No juice draining to play with the build
~Taifun/subtank style fill method (no top/screw fill)
~Nickle build ease (I use a homebuilt DNA 40 mod)

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Why moved from RTA to Clearomizer? OP is asking about an RTA isn't he? :confused:

Moved from RTA forum to Clearomizer forum..
Hey why was this moved. Im looking for an rta. I dont not want a clearo. The subtank is an considered rta in this thread.

Ty jumpin' in you get it.

Mod please move this back to rta or I will have to repost.

Just as a point of reference, does anyone know how to make a forum request. The rba section of the hybrid clearos have no business being here because the rba sections have the builders and why would they want to be in multiple forums to help out. The cartridges should be here only.

Last edited:

Signmaker

Oct 26, 2014
Berks, Pennsy, 'Murrica
Why moved from RTA to Clearomizer? OP is asking about an RTA isn't he? :confused:
I think the Subtanks have been ruled a clearo, despite being both. Easier than having subtank threads popping up in two areas.

OP, I run my ST with 70vg juice, and dont have a flow problem. Is there a particular juice you're wanting to run? Maybe one of the Subtankers around here can give the go/nogo on that juice in these devices.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
I think the Subtanks have been ruled a clearo, despite being both. Easier than having subtank threads popping up in two areas.

OP, I run my ST with 70vg juice, and dont have a flow problem. Is there a particular juice you're wanting to run? Maybe one of the Subtankers around here can give the go/nogo on that juice in these devices.
yeah the only reason I cant have this in the clearo thread is because I want an rta the subtank was only an example. And im just worried from other threads that if I dont wick it properly I will either burn/dry the cotton because of those channels. I have a squape r clone and it get dry all the time no matter the build (unless it floods). if anyone has any advice on those holes im curious if they matter. I do run some max vg juice sometimes but not often, im usually around 65% pg.

Signmaker

Oct 26, 2014
Berks, Pennsy, 'Murrica
yeah the only reason I cant have this in the clearo thread is because I want an rta the subtank was only an example. And im just worried from other threads that if I dont wick it properly I will either burn/dry the cotton because of those channels. I have a squape r clone and it get dry all the time no matter the build (unless it floods). if anyone has any advice on those holes im curious if they matter. I do run some max vg juice sometimes but not often, im usually around 65% pg.

65% pg will vape fine, properly wicked. Do you chain vape? Mouth-to-lung hits, or full lung hits? Have you checked out what people are doing rebuilding the OCC coils? They seem to wick great, once set up, and I know they are tolerable of max vg.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
65% pg will vape fine, properly wicked. Do you chain vape? Mouth-to-lung hits, or full lung hits? Have you checked out what people are doing rebuilding the OCC coils? They seem to wick great, once set up, and I know they are tolerable of max vg.
chain lung inhales. The heads are a pita to rebuild and id rather just use an rba deck for all of my builds and use the heads never (or maybe if im lazy and want to use my eleaf 20w with the 1.2 ohm heads)

Last edited:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Hmm. Your original post asked about "hybrids" like the Subtank Mini. If all "hybrid" (i.e. pre-made coil/RTA type) tanks are classified as "clearos" for forum organization purposes, maybe you need to post asking about alternative RTAs rather than alternative hybrids - assuming that's what you're looking for?

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Hmm. Your original post asked about "hybrids" like the Subtank Mini. If all "hybrid" (i.e. pre-made coil/RTA type) tanks are classified as "clearos" for forum organization purposes, maybe you need to post asking about alternative RTAs rather than alternative hybrids - assuming that's what you're looking for?
I guess youre right but I still think the rba sections should be considered a different device all together.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I own the STM and use the RBA section every day. I use between a 50/50 and a 30/70 PG/VG liquid and build my coils at .6 with 26 gauge wire and KGD cotton. I don't have wicking issues.

You might also want to look into the Lemo 2. It's a single coil RTA much like the original except with an improved AFC and a top fill port.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I own the STM and use the RBA section every day. I use between a 50/50 and a 30/70 PG/VG liquid and build my coils at .6 with 26 gauge wire and KGD cotton. I don't have wicking issues.

You might also want to look into the Lemo 2. It's a single coil RTA much like the original except with an improved AFC and a top fill port.

Think you still have to empty the tank in order to play around with your build, though...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
You mentioned the Taifun. Why not get that?

Also look at the eXpromizer. Its about $68, and shipping from Germany is inexpensive and only about 6 days.

The eXpromizer shares some similarities with the Taifun. Fill method is the same, and access to the deck is as well. The build deck is more like the older Kayfuns.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
You mentioned the Taifun. Why not get that?

Also look at the eXpromizer. Its about $68, and shipping from Germany is inexpensive and only about 6 days.

The eXpromizer shares some similarities with the Taifun. Fill method is the same, and access to the deck is as well. The build deck is more like the older Kayfuns.
Taifun is really expensive and im unemployed XD the expromizer had a lot of problems when I was originally looking at it. Do you know how these compare to the subtank?

Now that I think about it the occ (ooc?) head would be really nice if I want to be lazy. Id of course rewick the head to save money. This would only be true if there is no loss in performance with rba sections of the subtank.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey guys,

Im in the market for a new tank. And im really liking the kanger subtank mini but the small juice channels in the rba section worry me. ...

I use High VG e-Liquids. And the First thing I did when I got my Subtank Mini was to take a Jewelry File and make the Slots Bigger on the RBA Section.

Works Great for Me.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
I use High VG e-Liquids. And the First thing I did when I got my Subtank Mini was to take a Jewelry File and make the Slots Bigger on the RBA Section.

Works Great for Me.
Would you mind taking a pic to show how much you filed down? I have a jewerly file and you may have just convinced me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread