Need advice, is this safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ J

Feb 22, 2018
The vape device I have (a Bo) has started giving me only burnt hits of hot smoke. The device also gets hot. I haven’t been able to find a fix yet but I still found a way to use it. I cut a hole in the side of a bottle and put cold water in the bottle, so now its basically a .... for a vape pen. The smoke is cooled down and still tastes a little burnt but its manageable. Are burnt hits still safe? By working around the heat of the smoke have I basically found a fix?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no idea what, exactly, you are doing to/with that water bottle, are you saying you taped a bottle of water to the mod and then cut a big hole in it so you can keep cold water in it?

That's not safe, or smart. Open containers of water next to electrical componentry is not safe, or smart. You could fry your mod and worst case cause a battery explosion.

It sounds to me like you need to change your coil. Do you have extra coils/pods whatever? You need a fresh coil, it sounds to me like yours has reached the end of its useful life.

I think it's your coil as your bottle solution is not working. How old is it? How much eliquid have you put through it? Even with pods, certain things need replacing and if even the bottle is not working, then no, it's not safe. If you use a burnt coil you will generate increasingly undesirable byproducts into your vape, which is not a good idea. Burnt coils are also no fun to vape on.

With that said, it could also be an electrical fault in the mod, perhaps something happened causing it to output different or higher wattages or something. I really, really think it's your coil though. Switch it out, remove the bottle EVEN IF IT STILL DOESN'T work right. Then, if you need a repair or a warranty, you need one, but your solution is a) not a solution, since the coil is still burnt and b) not a safe solution, as you are basically doing something akin to suspending your cellphone above the toilet as it gets better "reception" that way, but it's still an electrical device, just waiting to be fried by water.

Welcome to ECF and best of luck. I'm sure others will be along to help, but change your coil!

Anna

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
Best I can determine, the Bo is a pod system with a flat, pen sized battery. If that's the case then I can imagine exactly what he did with that water bottle. Think hookah or water pipe.

And no, I don't think it's safe to vape it that way. Overheated vapor can contain all kinds of nasty stuff that will likely make it through the water bath. Since it's a pod system, my first inclination would be to replace the cartridge/coil with a new one. I'm not familiar with pod systems (just read about them), so maybe someone who is more familiar will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread