need advice on best PCC/kit for three day backpacking trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogisd

Dec 10, 2012
United States
Hi Everyone, I tried to search this but came up empty. I am looking for the best 510 compatible PCC kit to take hiking for three days in Yosemite back country. I can invest in something new for this trip under the 75 dollar range so please let me know what you think would be best.
I use 510 SR boge cartomizers. I use two very mini batteries and one ego medium size, I think around 650 mah. So I can get a new kit or stick with something compatible with these.
I was considering buying an ego mini kit with pcc is this possible?
I was considering getting something similar to an evic or eroll but was worried about back country maintenance so i thought it would be better to stick to cartos. Does anyone have back country e-cig experience?
I have taken my current set up camping and it lasted two days fine with no charging. This was car camping though and I had access to a car charger if needed, my next trip will be a day longer and have no electric anything.
So back country vapers let me know how you do it with no power:) I am in 6 months into vaping and really excited to enjoys my favorite activities smoke free.
Also I will be camping in the days before so I will only really have my usb double car charger to power up a pcc from my car.. can this happen?

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I am looking for the best 510 compatible PCC kit to take hiking for three days in Yosemite back country. ...

Back Country Camping. Now that's what I'm Talking About. Right On.

There are many e-Cigarette PCC's out there. For me though, I wanted something More Versatile and something that had more mAh.

So I bought an External Laptop Battery that had USB Out. It has 9,800 mAh @ 5 Volts

9800mah.jpg

It was enough to Charge my eGo everyday as well as my Cell Phone and a Buddy's GPS.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

but if you are looking for something to charge your CIGs, then try this one - it lets you cook your meal and charge your stuff at the same time
BioLite CampStove - BioLite Stove

Do you have one of these?

I have seen them and would love to know if Anyone has Actually tried it?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - Beware of mAh claims on Inexpensive PCC's or Inexpensive External Batteries. Many times the Numbers are Grossly Over Estimated.

Also, be sure to read the Fine Print on a Solar Charger. Many times the it will say that it will charge a Cell Phone in 4 Hours under "Ideal Conditions".

Ideal Conditions means you have the Solar Array on a Satellite in Low Geocentric Orbit around the Sun during a Solar Flare.

The Charging Time on Earth may be much, Much, MUCH Longer.

Last edited:

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
Got a Anker Astro3 10000mAh as a back up to a Nexus 7. Have been testing it on charging 18490 batteries and is down to 1/2 capacity after charging twice. Have used on the eGo twist also with good results. For $50.00, comes with all kinds of adapters and have not found any thing yet it won't charge, except for old Grundig, but it's more the radios fault. Has 2 USB charging ports and will charge at 9v and 12v.
As far as camp stoves, have a WoodGas CampStoveXL that works off of 2 AA's and thanks to this thread, the Anker powers that also.
Kinda big for backpacking, but fine for canoing.

Forgot to add that the Anker shuts off when batteries are fully charged.

Last edited:

yogisd

Dec 10, 2012
United States
wow. thanks for all the new ideas. .now i gotta go do lots research my options and pricing!! you guys are awesome.. i would hate run out of power in the woods and then be cranky for the rest of the trip.
I really appreciate all the people who took the time to show me different options.. i would havent even considered using a computer battery.. very cool ecf very cool!!

Last edited:

yogisd

Dec 10, 2012
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread