Best PCC charger for mini e-cigarettes such as Blu etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianvic

Feb 10, 2011
Scotland
Hi all.

I'm a returning vaper who has been using different devices for the past 4 years, from small cig-a-likes to VV mods. However, I'm still a big fan of the smaller, more discrete batteries such as those provided by Blu. I don't particularly like batteries that look like real analog cigarettes and prefer black or if necessary coloured or chrome.

I was never a heavy smoker topping out at 20 a day, but generally only going through 10 or so. Consequently I'm not a heavy vaper either. I've tried giving up altogether (cigarettes and e-cigs), but I've always failed and either returned briefly to real cigarettes or back to vaping. Right now I'm back on vaping and looking for something that will get me through the day while remaining unobtrusive, hence my return to mini batteries.

Of course the problem with the mini batteries, as everyone knows, has always been the length of time they stay charged. So what I'm looking for is a PCC that will allow me to charge on the go and can store spare cartridges or, preferably, clearomizers.

I'm currently using the Blu e-cig with refillable cartos and some Vision Nano clearomizers, which I love! The Nanos provide me with a level of taste and vapor that I find very satisfying. I know they're not to eveyone's taste, but they work for me.

The Blu PCC works ok, but it will only hold spare cartridges as it is too short for the Nanos. It's also not the most robust PCC and I would prefer it if it was metal of some description.

I've come across these Vogo PCCs on alibab.com which look really good and may (or may not) take a Blu battery with a Nano attached. The measurements seem to suggest it would. I can't find anyone online who sells these, other than through alibab.com in quantities of 5 or more. Has anyone come across these for sale anywhere else and if so have they tried them? I like the fact that they are compatible with a number of battery types and you don't have to screw them in.

The Vogo PCC G isn't quite perfect as I would prefer it if it could take more than 2 refills, but it's getting closer.

Has anyone designed their own PCC? I have considered taking the Blu PCC and finding a case that I could build it into along with more space for refills, but I don't know how feasible that would be.

Has anyone found anything else on the Internet that might be closer to what I'm after? Any thoughts and assistance would be gratefully received! :vapor:

Cheers!

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
hi, brian ;) i never had much luck with those chargers when they were all we had and, at the time, opted to carry more than 1 battery because of that.
in the meanwhile; things have moved right along and while they are not the size of a blu the istick mini and 20 or 30 watt devices are pretty unobtrusive and should last you more than one day - maybe it would be in your best interest to check and see what's on the market right now.

brianvic

Feb 10, 2011
Scotland
Hi, tiburonfirst, thanks for your reply and your suggestions. I've just had a look at the istick mini 30 and it is definitely worth a closer look! I guess I am a little out of touch with how things have advanced.

I like to have a choice of flavours with me and wondered how you cope with that? I don't want to have to carry too much in the way of paraphernalia with me. The istick will take up about the same space as the Blu charger without a tank and that's what kind of put me off tank based systems for when I'm out and about.

I guess I'm looking for something that's small with an easy method of carrying my flavours. I don't want to take up all of your time, so is there anywhere I should be looking to see what's available now for easy portability?

Thanks again for such a quick response.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
i'm not one to change flavors - all i can think of is to carry a few different atties. eleaf makes the gs air which have gotten excellent reviews. i personally like the gs 16s which is even tinier and holds just a bit over 1ml
why not visit it a well-stocked vape shop in your area just to see? once you narrow down your possibilities it's time to look for the best pricing online :p

brianvic

Feb 10, 2011
Scotland
I decided to take the plunge and I've opted for an iStick 20w because I liked the size. I bought a Nautilus Mini to go with it. And..................... I love it! What a difference! I honestly wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it!

So thank you tiburonfirst for your recommendation. I've chosen vanilla, cherry and candy cane to try it out. The flavors are so intense and the vapor really thick.

Bye, bye Blu!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread