Need advice on how to fix foul juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Ordered some stuff blindly a while back:oops: and am now suffering for it, it is as follows
China-
6ml tobacco general, VG, Med strength, 18mg nic- chem and peppered pencil shavings
10ml State express 555, VG, Med strenght, 18mg nic.- dear god what is that
Juggies-
10ml Ciggy, 50/50 max flavoured- no chem but peppered pencil shavings
10ml 555+5 , VG, 18mg- what is that taste?, its like a really bad artificial chocolate flavored toffee to me and it smells up an entire room.

Some stuff I do like/not bad
China-
Winston 18mg pre-filled cartomizers (pack of 4)- Good (mild and slightly sweet like a colt with wine dipped tip)
Flu-cured 18mg pre-filled cartomizers (pack of 4)- OK (bit like rich pipe tobacco)

Cananda vape-
30ml RY-4 16mg- awesome, mild tobacco with rich maple body.
30ml Canadian smooth 24mg- Didn't like at first, had strong menthol taste, added some RY-4 and steeped for a couple days now it's good. Sent an email mentioning the menthol and possible label mix up, was told the CS should not have dominant menthol taste and was given store credit out of kindness.

Juggies-
6ml RY-4 50/50 18mg- Awesome- reminds me of iced cappuccino
10mg Joke smoke VG-18mg, blank and unoffensive with a touch of something and huge clouds of vapor.

So, question is what can I do with the 555's and tobacco flavors to make them enjoyable, based on my likes?

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
You failed to mention what percentage of flavoring you're using. Generally speaking, tobacco flavors are very strong and need only 1-3% flavoring. I always start at 1% and tweak from there. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and some people mix tobaccos at 10+ percent. My advise is start low and work up. It's much easier to add more flavor than trying to reduce it. Add a couple of drops of vinegar per 5 ml to smooth out and stabilize the flavor.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
You failed to mention what percentage of flavoring you're using. Generally speaking, tobacco flavors are very strong and need only 1-3% flavoring. I always start at 1% and tweak from there. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and some people mix tobaccos at 10+ percent. My advise is start low and work up. It's much easier to add more flavor than trying to reduce it. Add a couple of drops of vinegar per 5 ml to smooth out and stabilize the flavor.

You flatter me with your assumption of my knowledge:blush:

Truth is that I only started vaping a few weeks ago have no knowledge of how to brew my own stuff from scratch, I was thinking more along the lines of picking a certain flavor extract from the bulk barn and adding a touch to the bottles to maybe make a "red neck RY-4" or a nice pipe tobacco flavor I'm just not sure what flavor extracts to get, kinda need a jumping off point.

I currently have on hand a 250ml bottle of VG usp from the drug store, 125ml Club house artificial vanilla extract (water, alcohol, art' flavor, caramel color) 125ml Epicure natural vanilla essence (alcohol, natural vanilla essence, water), pint of white vinegar(I had no idea vinegar could do that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread