Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Hi all -

I am looking for advice based on my limited vaping background for the past eight months. I'll try to keep it as short as possible --

In July 2009, I learned about vaping during a trip to Chicago. I researched here and many other blogs for about a month and decided to go with the popular 510's. As with everything else I do, I went all out and purchased ten batteries and attys, 30 empty carts, a USB/wall charger, a pass-thru, and five small bottles of 6 ml fluid (all tobacco flavors).

I was stoked and ready to get going, but unfortunately a family member in another state became critically ill and I had to leave town before that order arrived. At my destination, I had to stay at a non-smoking hotel that was located on 10 acres of hospital property that allowed NO SMOKING inside or outside. Obviously, in the stressful situation I was in, I wanted to smoke more than ever but that meant leaving ICU and getting in my car to drive around to smoke. Ridiculous and even more stressful.

Luckily, I was in a fairly large city and found a local ecig vendor (who also has an online business). He didn't carry 510's, but was able to supply me with a small DSE801 kit and a couple bottles of low nic juice. So even though I only had a USB charger and a couple batteries, the 801 saved my sanity during that stay and I fell in love with it.

The family member eventually recovered, but that resulted in some major legal battles, and I returned full time to analogs.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give the e-cigs another go and assembled a counter-top of all my 510 paraphernalia. I charged a couple of batts overnight and started the next day. From the start, I did not like them nearly as much as I had the 801, but forced myself to give it a few days. Compared to the 801, I disliked having to draw so hard on the 510, I missed the 801 auto batt, and never did get the pass-thru to work consistently. I eventually started just dripping directly on the 510 atty and liked that much better, but it wasn't worth changing batteries two or three times a day.

So this past weekend I pulled out my limited 801 stash, charged one battery and then the other, and loved them like I had last year. I know from reading so many hours, that everyone has their own preferences for different reasons and came to terms that mine was the 801 and auto-batt.

I'm sorry it took so long to get to my point, but here is my dilemma -- I went searching for 801 accessories and am finding a very limited amount. Some of the vendors, including the vendor I originally purchased the 801 from, are no longer selling the 801 kits and it looks like phasing out of supplies. Am I correct or just looking in the wrong places? Has something else newer replaced the 801? It's not like I am significantly invested in 801 parts, but it would be nice to find something that I could use them with if possible. Most importantly, I want the same vaping experience I have with my beloved 801.

Also, I now know that 6ml juice is way too low for me and want to stock up on 18ml, but am waiting to purchase ANYTHING until I find a good source for hardware so I can perhaps pay for shipping just once.

Thanks for reading through this and I welcome any advice. I promise you that I have spent hours and hours reading through ECF and vendor sites, but I want to stop the analogs now and get vaping!

mmcall12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Indiana
I'm glad everything is ok, sorry you had to go throught a bad ordeal with the hospital not letting you smoke outside there place, I dn't have any answer for your questions. But you will get a answer here on them,,,just glad everything went well. I have a 510 waiting at home for me and it is auto so Hoping it is what I want. I use to do the GS but the battery on them was to short,,,But hope this is the thing for me,,,gl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread