Need assistance fast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coblew

Oct 5, 2016
I am looking to buy the smok h-priv 220W box mod, however i have never had to make something that could handle 220W and was wondering what RTA/RDA's would be appropriate, i have added RTA's just for the one reason that i believe they are more convenient as i will not have to drip some juice on my wick every 2 tokes, however is RDA's or the one and only answer i guess i could deal with it xD Also i would need some advice on batteries aswell as the last thing i had to buy batteries for was my istick 100W and i just copied someone of youtube xD I have come here because i have deemed these forums as more to grips with all of the stuff i need to know. Thanks :D ( it takes 2 18650's btw, fires down to 0.1 ohm (VW mode) and 0.08 ohm (TC mode) also i will be looking to use it at a constant 220W)

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
I highly doubt the chip can do 220w with 2 batteries. That's 26 amps being pulled on fully charged batteries...even more once you factor in the efficiency of the mod.
If the chip does pull that hard, you'll need VTC5s as they can dump some serious power.
If you're looking for longevity, the LG HG2 and VTC6 are king of the hill and can still put out alot of power safely.

If you really want that 200w, I'd go for a tripple 18650 mechanical mod or a Lost Vape DNA 200. The DNA 250 should be out soon and has a 2 amp charger.

Either way, the Limitless Plus and CoilART Azeroth have the biggest decks I know of on a 25mm atty. Both are RDTA.
If you want an RTA, the Cthulhu v3 has a 19.8mm deck and it's your typical bottom coil design. It's 25mm at the bottom and tapers up to 27mm so it doesn't overhang.

But the wattage you can give a coil depends on it's mass and juice delivery. A fast wicking build will run cooler than a slower one since more juice is being evaporated.
I wouldn't let wattage be a factor in the situation at all. Just pick a tank you can work with and let the build decide the wattage.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
What about 35amp batteries? just ordered a h-priv kit that will go up to 90W (for now) and ordered 2 35amp batteries just need to get a rebuild-able atty to use it to its full potential, thanks for the reply and i will have a look at the attys you've listed. Thanks again! :D

35 amp? Pulse or continuous?
chinny reckon...

image.jpeg

Be safer
I

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Ignore the batteries.
Most mods are made by people that want living customers. Knowing how many fakes/rewraps there are (efest, imren, etc...) who in ther right mind would make a mod that can pull a cell that hard?
The only cell I would hit like that is a VTC5.

Also, what brand batteries did you order?
If they aren't LG, Samsung, Sony, Sanyo or Panasonic refund them. No one posts a real pulse rating.

IMRBatteries.com is where I go.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
There is no battery on the market that can safely do more than 180 watts with two cells through the usable cycle down to 3.4 volts. It's possible (LG HB2/4/6), but you are going to get rubbish runtime because they will have a low mA (1500 mAh), and you will only be able to use the top level of charge. On a regulated device the coil resistance is unimportant, the wattage is what dictates the amp draw on the batteries, minimum at full charge, maximum at low charge.
Ohms Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum

whiteowl84 has it nailed, picking a wattage level and then finding an atomizer to match is just wrong. A tank can never match the performance of a well build RDA. Focus on your inhale technique wicking method coil choice and placement in a good RDA if clouds is your goal. Once you have that perfected it will be clear what power level you need, and I asssure you it wont be 220 watts.

Coblew

Oct 5, 2016
two more questions, 1. if you lot were given £30 to buy a RD(T)A for use at 180W what would you buy? i can chuck another 10 in if i must but £30 would be nice, i am ordering from UKECIGSTORE so you could either look on there so that i won't have to made 2 separate orders or you could just gimme what you think as i am cool with both. 2. i am looking to buy some pre made coils and was wondering what gauge i would want for 180W (approx as someone stated above that 220W wouldnt be worth it even if i could vape it) these are my options (clapton)
2-24/36
2-26/36
2-28/36
thanks for all the help so far as i am sure i would have 4 fingers, a thumb and one lip if i had gone all balls in as i originally intended, i would use youtube or something alike but i cannot seem to find the precise info i am looking for and alot of you guys/girls (gotta be safe) are going to be more experienced in the matter and aren't just looking for easy youtube £'s. Thanks again

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I am looking to buy the smok h-priv 220W box mod, however i have never had to make something that could handle 220W and was wondering what RTA/RDA's would be appropriate, i have added RTA's just for the one reason that i believe they are more convenient as i will not have to drip some juice on my wick every 2 tokes, however is RDA's or the one and only answer i guess i could deal with it xD Also i would need some advice on batteries aswell as the last thing i had to buy batteries for was my istick 100W and i just copied someone of youtube xD I have come here because i have deemed these forums as more to grips with all of the stuff i need to know. Thanks :D ( it takes 2 18650's btw, fires down to 0.1 ohm (VW mode) and 0.08 ohm (TC mode) also i will be looking to use it at a constant 220W)
Note that there aren't 18650 batteries that can handle 110w a piece at their cdr. With 20 amp batteries you shouldn't go above 60w per battery, 120w for two batteries, and with 30 amp batteries no higher than 90w per battery, 180w with two batteries. You won't find anything with a true rating over 30 amps, and with those batteries you're limited to 1500 mAh per battery (LG hb2/hb4/hb6).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I highly doubt the chip can do 220w with 2 batteries. That's 26 amps being pulled on fully charged batteries...even more once you factor in the efficiency of the mod.
If the chip does pull that hard, you'll need VTC5s as they can dump some serious power.
If you're looking for longevity, the LG HG2 and VTC6 are king of the hill and can still put out alot of power safely.

If you really want that 200w, I'd go for a tripple 18650 mechanical mod or a Lost Vape DNA 200. The DNA 250 should be out soon and has a 2 amp charger.

Either way, the Limitless Plus and CoilART Azeroth have the biggest decks I know of on a 25mm atty. Both are RDTA.
If you want an RTA, the Cthulhu v3 has a 19.8mm deck and it's your typical bottom coil design. It's 25mm at the bottom and tapers up to 27mm so it doesn't overhang.

But the wattage you can give a coil depends on it's mass and juice delivery. A fast wicking build will run cooler than a slower one since more juice is being evaporated.
I wouldn't let wattage be a factor in the situation at all. Just pick a tank you can work with and let the build decide the wattage.
The vtc5 is a 20 amp battery, good for about 120w in a two-battery mod.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread