Need assistance fast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coblew

Oct 5, 2016
Note that there aren't 18650 batteries that can handle 110w a piece at their cdr. With 20 amp batteries you shouldn't go above 60w per battery, 120w for two batteries, and with 30 amp batteries no higher than 90w per battery, 180w with two batteries. You won't find anything with a true rating over 30 amps, and with those batteries you're limited to 1500 mAh per battery (LG hb2/hb4/hb6).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

So even tho the batteries said 35A and 2500mah they aren't?

Coblew

Oct 5, 2016
Also one of the coils is rated best at 120-180 i believe and although i may have a drop in flavor it just seems like too much hassle to me, i mean i'd love to learn but i dont know where to start as all guides i've seen are for specific builds not what build i should have and i can't find it, the rate im going at i would have to do trial and error and i dont think that is the best choice safety or money-wise

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
I didn't know that. I just know people fire the crap out of them in mechs.

Also you can't go by anything Smok says. You can't fire any prebuilt that hard.

When I got into building, I never read any guides.
Wrap desired material around a rod, screw it into the atty and wick it till it's right.

I was using cotton balls. It's really not hard.

Quit going by wattage dude, theres more in the equation than wattage.
If you're going for drop in coils, you aren't cloud chasing. I've hit one of those octa coil things and I have single coils that walk all over it.
If you go the drop in route, there is much better out there than Smok. Made by people that don't lie to the consumer.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
This is what i found about the batts i ordered :
Maximum Continuous Charging Current: 4A
Maximum Continuous Discharging Current: 20A
Maximum Pulse Discharging Current: 35A
Now, good or bad?
BAD... The manufacturer is lying to you. There is no such thing as a "pulse" rating because a pulse is not a defined value. How long is a pulse? I figure, if a manufacturer has to misrepresent its product by putting an unknown value, I want to avoid them. You notice, the most often recommended batteries, Sony, Lg, Samsung have no pulse rating? They don't need to make any false claims, their quality stands on its own.
I am not telling YOU to do this, I have done a lot of research and study on this... but..
My cloud builds are on a samsung 25r. Now I know those are safe, authentic brand name batteries. I also know what they have been stress tested at. I also know that MY pulse is 3.5 seconds. 1.5 second exhale and 2 second inhale. I also know that the samsung 25r has been stress tested to perform safely at UP TO 70Amp draw for 5 seconds, with a 30 second rest between firing. This tells me that my 40amp fire for 3.5 seconds is well below what the battery has been stress tested to handle. For added safety, i take my battery out and check it for heat in my hand. If it is getting hot, i put it up for awhile. Mind you, it shortens my battery life, but you can't have everything. I figure if the battery is hotter than your bath water, its time to give it a rest.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
BAD... The manufacturer is lying to you. There is no such thing as a "pulse" rating because a pulse is not a defined value. How long is a pulse? I figure, if a manufacturer has to misrepresent its product by putting an unknown value, I want to avoid them. You notice, the most often recommended batteries, Sony, Lg, Samsung have no pulse rating? They don't need to make any false claims, their quality stands on its own.
I am not telling YOU to do this, I have done a lot of research and study on this... but..
My cloud builds are on a samsung 25r. Now I know those are safe, authentic brand name batteries. I also know what they have been stress tested at. I also know that MY pulse is 3.5 seconds. 1.5 second exhale and 2 second inhale. I also know that the samsung 25r has been stress tested to perform safely at UP TO 70Amp draw for 5 seconds, with a 30 second rest between firing. This tells me that my 40amp fire for 3.5 seconds is well below what the battery has been stress tested to handle. For added safety, i take my battery out and check it for heat in my hand. If it is getting hot, i put it up for awhile. Mind you, it shortens my battery life, but you can't have everything. I figure if the battery is hotter than your bath water, its time to give it a rest.

What works for a brand new battery might not for a used battery, or a battery that's been stored for an unknown period. Firing a 20 amp battery at 40 amps just because it has been tested at more than that (in controlled laboratory conditions...) is the opposite of smart.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
What works for a brand new battery might not for a used battery, or a battery that's been stored for an unknown period. Firing a 20 amp battery at 40 amps just because it has been tested at more than that (in controlled laboratory conditions...) is the opposite of smart.

Its been tested at 70 amps actually.
And note, I was very clear that the person should not do that, it was an example. They have to do their own research etc. Since I don't know how long they fire for per draw, I can't say what is ok for them to use. AND it is a whole lot better than trusting some pulse rating printed on the label by the battery fairy. What I was saying is.. if there is a pulse rating on the label, don't trust the battery, since they have already lied to you to make a sale.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Its been tested at 70 amps actually.
And note, I was very clear that the person should not do that, it was an example. They have to do their own research etc. Since I don't know how long they fire for per draw, I can't say what is ok for them to use. AND it is a whole lot better than trusting some pulse rating printed on the label by the battery fairy.
Tested in controlled laboratory conditions. Not stuck inside a box, possibly with cooling. Your use of the battery in vaping isn't comparable to the situation the battery's been tested at. A false sense of security is dangerous. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread