Need Battery advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
I have a iJoy captain PD1865 it takes dual 18650s. I want to get another set of batteries, I got this mod from a friend i don't think they new anything about batteries & which ones to use so I want to get new set of batteries. I read a little bit of info on moochs stuff on batteries but honestly I feel like I got even more confused mainly with the math (I'm horrible at it) anyways I vape between 30-50 watts & sometimes depending on what ejuice I'm using 50 - 80 watts. Some taste better to me at higher watts than others. Which type of 18650s would I need to buy or if there's a chart someone created I can look at.. I'm new and still learning please and thank you very much.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just to take the decision tree down to one lane, some LG HG2s should do it I think. The brown ones. Buy from any store on the list. I’m only about 80% as to the battery choice though. Someone will come along to confirm or deny. There are other batteries that would work as well, I’m just trying to simplify.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I second @bombastinator 's suggestion. LG HG2 is a 3000mah 20A cell that is good for 60 watts. Two will take you to a max of 120W. That's a good safety cushion for your current vaping style. High MAH ratings on the LG HG2 give you more vaping time than those with lower MAH at the same amp rating.

You can find it on Mooch's battery table here. Click it to magnify, then click the up arrow at the right top, then click the table again for max size and readability.

18650 Battery Ratings Table | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
I second @bombastinator 's suggestion. LG HG2 is a 3000mah 20A cell that is good for 60 watts. Two will take you to a max of 120W. That's a good safety cushion for your current vaping style.

You can find it on Mooch's battery table here. Click it to magnify, then click the up arrow at the right top, then click the table again for max size and readability.

18650 Battery Ratings Table | E-Cigarette Forum

I was looking at those and was thinking those would be the right ones and it would give me some.extra wattage room I've been reading moochs battery cell info but something's I got confused on so i thought I would post and ask just to make sure.. thank you will those ones last a full day ? If I vape around 45-55 watts

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was looking at those and was thinking those would be the right ones and it would give me some.extra wattage room I've been reading moochs battery cell info but something's I got confused on so i thought I would post and ask just to make sure.. thank you will those ones last a full day ? If I vape around 45-55 watts

Battery life is more about puff count and puff length with wattage being a factor. I do know that the HG2 will outperform most 18650's in an ecig mod.

I vape at 10W, so I can't tell you how long the HG2's will last. I get morning until about 9pm on a set of HG2's in my Innokin Proton. It's a 235W mod, so i'm in buck mode all the time.

Someone here will be using the same hardware as you and can give you some first hand info.

Single and dual battery mods vary on the amount of power that the mod's electronics use to provide variable wattage and TC vaping. I don't really see a doubling of vape time in a single or double battery mod most of the time. I'm sure there's a sweet spot where the mod's electronics are coasting. The logic in a mod has to boost or buck (reduce) the output from the cells to go up and down in power at the 510 connector. All that electronic manipulation eats some power from the battery. I have simple single battery mods that can take me from one morning into the next day and others that need a battery change the same night. At my 10W vaping style I'm in buck mode all the time. It's all about efficiency in the circuitry.

It's always a good idea to keep a spare set of batteries in a plastic battery box in the car when you are away from home. Sometimes, I need them and sometimes not, but they are there if I need them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Probably not. You’d need to get under 30w I suspect. Not easy to do with coil cartos.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread