• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need Fasttech help.... any pro's here? (Ha Ha... )

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rotehexe

Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Davie, FL
So I want to order from fasttech but don't want to order the wrong thing. I have a vivi nova and it has been bad since I changed the coil. Leaks and is annoying. I have a Kanger T3 (bottom coil) much easier to use but seems to mask flavor. (maybe its just me?)

I now only use my Ego C Twists (2 of them :)) so need something that fits. (Love them so far)

Is the EVOD the same thing as the Kanger T3? Which bottom coils should I buy? They have short and long... whats the difference? What about the vivi nova... do you think maybe I just got a dud and should try again? I general I liked it but after changing the coil its just not working right. I took it back to the store they messed with it and got it working but again I changed the coil and same issue.

And... whats the difference between the coil sizes? 1.8, 2.4, 2.8?

Please help me pick the right stuff.... :vapor:

P.S. some day I will be a pro but right now I am still learning... :oops:

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Hi, I also have the ego twists and love them, here is a link for voltage and resistance: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...949o2_1280.png
I have the Vision Viva Nova and have had no trouble so far ,here is a link to a PBusardo video on cleaning and rebuilding the Viva Nova, maybe it will help.
I don't have an Evod but it certainly seems to get great reviews, I also really like the Kanger T2. I have the Kanger T3 and found it very airy, I have been told to block one of the air holes and it will improve but I haven't tried it yet.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I would not recommend getting a vivi nova from fasttech, many on these forums have and I don't think I have seen one person say they don't leak. I buy the genuine vivi nova from a US supplier (they are around 10-12) and have never had one issue with leaking. The replacement heads they sell also look like the knock-offs as they have that little metal nipple on the very top of the coil, the genuine Vivi nova have a flat top with no nipple.

The EVODs, they just started carrying and I've not seen anyone report about how they are from fasttech, but again, the ones I have bought from my vapor store are excellent. they are around $6 with heads running around $1.50.

As for the heads for sale on fasttech, I've not bought any, so can't comment.

gjanderson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
I have an imitation vivi nova. Many i have seen call it an aclear if not mistaken. If you have the a clear or imitation vivi nova then it is simple to fix a leak. Mine don't leak except for one time. Here is what to do: clean the unit completely. After it has dried, blow out any water remaining by blowing on the unit from the area you put the head until only air comes out (if you hear any sound but air that is small amount of trapped water). Blow once or twice from battery/connection side.

When putting on the head, do it slowly and with the plastic top off. When you can no longer turn the head, look at the connection. It should be flush with the pole. This sometimes gets cross threaded and it would be noticed. Next place the tank body (metal or plastic) on by also carefully threading it on. This part usually is threaded very shallow making it not sit correctly. You can verify it went on correctly by placing the unit upside-down (battery/connection side up) in a level flat surface. If the nova is not perfectly straight and leaning at all then unthread the tank part and do again (tank completely off before threading it back on. I typically thread the bottom section with it upside-down and have no trouble - some odd reason it never jumps thread or cross threads. Put a small amount of water into the tank to confirm no leaks. Have the water come up to the head (not over) then if no leaking from bottom section; slightly tilt it so some water right over the head connection and turn it slowly. If still no leaks then empty water carefully and let it all dry out once more by keeping it upside-down over paper towels. Once dry, put plastic piece back on head, fill tank with ejuice and put top cap on. Let it sit on something to keep it up and allow the wick to soak up ejuice and do last check for leaks. Cross threading is common and easy to do on the knock offs.

As far as fasttech goes: if have a genuine vivi nova then DO NOT ORDER NOVA HEADS. I have both the real and knock off and the ones I get are the knock-off/clones. Recommend watching the pbusardo video on rebuilding the vivi nova. It will save a lot of money and with a little patience; you can have all your heads rebuilt and have a lot of pleasure vaping.

Personally I have one real vivi nova, one knock off/clone, a few boge double coil cartos (emergency back up) and one ata t2 rba. Except for an emergency back up, I will never use anything that holds less than 2.8ml. I go through 2 tank full on the nova and about 2 (just a little mire) on the ata t2. I vape with 1.7 - 1.8 ohms and about 4.8 to 5 volts (a little higher than recommended but not so high to have a burning taste). I prefer the lower resistence or hotter juice/vapor cuz it helps me feel like I am smoking. I do like fasttech for nearly all my parts and vaping needs (especially while I am in Malaysia)

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
Hey! If you get any sort of tank off fasttech and you look on the left-hand side of the screen where all the specs are, there will be something that tells you the "replacement heating cores" to get if they have them in stock. You can just click on the SKU that's there and it'll take you to the place on their site that has them. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread