Need great build for my Genesis RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacwillnavy

Jan 21, 2014
Hawaii
I've been dripping for a while with a lot of fun builds (low ohm, nano, micro, ect...) but i want to build my Poldiac V2 hybrid and i cannot seem to find the perfect mix. i'm running dual coils but nothing seems to compare. I know some people live my their genny's but i haven't found the sweet spot. What are some great builds (coil size, wraps, mirco, standard ect...) that will make me fall in love with my Poldiac again... I cannot let this beautiful mod just sit!

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I love, love, love my Poldiac. It is the greatest to test builds, because it fires so well.

I have had Dids for ~ a month or so. Because the wick holes are so huge, I am not so sure that solid wicks are the way to go on this.

Check out my posts, as I have tried out several builds. I am currently finding that sub-ohm builds (0.6-1.0 Ω) with straw ss mesh wicks are working quite well. Not super sub-ohm, or anything. Just a little. These Dids are TANX!!

Good safe batteries w proper amp limits, multimetre usage, and all that. I love MM Vapors mods and devices, they are absolutely top-notch, and worth every penny.

Happy, safe vaping :D

Edit:
I just realized, you have the hybrid. Not sure what your battery size is.

I have a 6/5 wrap 28g on my Temon 14500. 1.3-1.4Ω. Very nice vape. I think the hybrid connection gives it that added OOMPH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TrentTC

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I have a dual coil wrap on my kraken. Solid 500 mesh wicks. Coils are 5/4 wrap with 28 gauge kanthal. .4 ohms. Rips great, never a dry hit, only have to tilt when the liquid gets very low. Genisis atomizers can be built with simple coil wraps and perform amazingly. I don't do anything special with my coils. Simple builds that are set up correctly to work with mesh are the sweet spot for genesis style atomizers.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
my genesis build is this:
triple up some 32 gauge kanthal and twist it tight.
20 gauge needle. 9 wraps. should come out to ~1.2 ohm per coil. works best with duals/quads. Keep your wraps tight. and snug the coil down so its near the outside of the wick hole
cotton wick (yeah, I know its blasphemy. too bad) run the wick through the coil then tuck it back behind the coil between the coil and centre post. Make sure your cotton is light and fluffy. Clip the wick off so less than half of an inch sits in the tank

Last edited:

zacwillnavy

Jan 21, 2014
Hawaii
my genesis build is this:
triple up some 32 gauge kanthal and twist it tight.
20 gauge needle. 9 wraps. should come out to ~1.2 ohm per coil. works best with duals/quads. Keep your wraps tight. and snug the coil down so its near the outside of the wick hole
cotton wick (yeah, I know its blasphemy. too bad) run the wick through the coil then tuck it back behind the coil between the coil and centre post. Make sure your cotton is light and fluffy. Clip the wick off so less than half of an inch sits in the tank

sounds like my kind of build, a picture would be cool!

zacwillnavy

Jan 21, 2014
Hawaii
I love, love, love my Poldiac. It is the greatest to test builds, because it fires so well.

I have had Dids for ~ a month or so. Because the wick holes are so huge, I am not so sure that solid wicks are the way to go on this.

Check out my posts, as I have tried out several builds. I am currently finding that sub-ohm builds (0.6-1.0 Ω) with straw ss mesh wicks are working quite well. Not super sub-ohm, or anything. Just a little. These Dids are TANX!!

Good safe batteries w proper amp limits, multimetre usage, and all that. I love MM Vapors mods and devices, they are absolutely top-notch, and worth every penny.

Happy, safe vaping :D

Edit:
I just realized, you have the hybrid. Not sure what your battery size is.

I have a 6/5 wrap 28g on my Temon 14500. 1.3-1.4Ω. Very nice vape. I think the hybrid connection gives it that added OOMPH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 18650 with sony VTC4 inside.

I love my poldiac! but the TNS on top... lets just say that it is sitting at home because i cannot get the top cap (inside section of the airflow control) off. I've used just about every tool i own and that O-ring seems to have glued the two pieces together...

CMHero

Mar 5, 2014
United States
My Prometheus setup! I run dual coil and I use stainless steel cable for the wick and put ekowool over the top as a sleeve. I do a 3/2 wrap at .3 ohms using 26g kanthal wire. I think the cable is 7x7 ss and the ekowool is hollow 3mm. Gives a great vape and flavor with outstanding longevity. Can clean it by running under water for convenience if you're too lazy to rewick (quick fix, will obviously not replace a need to rewick). Not a fan of cotton as it has a very short lifespan and can't dry burn.

Blows CLOUDZZ and can take really whatever size of drag you like and won't get a dry vape. Just took a ten second drag to check lol.

I should note that I only sleeve the portion of the cable that is wrapped w/kanthal wire. The ss cable is cut so it touches the bottom of the tank and ends about 3/4 to the top of the sleep just past the wire wrap. An added bonus is you never have to tilt your genny while vaping with this setup. The ss rope wicks that well. I also use a mechanical mod (Calmodz Hero).

Note that you must either burn the ss rope or uncoil it a little to remove the piece of fabric the ss was wrapped around. I recommend doing both, just cuz.

Last edited:

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California

I love my poldiac! but the TNS on top... lets just say that it is sitting at home because i cannot get the top cap (inside section of the airflow control) off. I've used just about every tool i own and that O-ring seems to have glued the two pieces together...

try soaking it in a cup canola oil over nite and see if she comes loose

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Zac--the atty? You can't use a 510 screwyinnie ohm checker. Multimeter. Black
probe tip on the bottom threads of the TNS atty. Take the red probe, touch it up under where the pos post is poking thru ( part that makes contact w the pos end of battery. Hold still, then record that number. Touch leads together.( mine always is 0.6Ω) . Subtract from first number. That is atty resistance.

I just threw away an ohm checker. It would not take a read. The wires inside are real flimsy. One was snapped off. Good luck!!

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Testing the builds. --I think this is the conductivity? or low voltage drop? This mod really FIRES, and puts my gennie coils to the real test!! Since i do not have a high end vv/vw ( eg--Provari), i use my multimeter on everything. I leave device attached to my Astro, for example. Black to the threads on the first section of the mod ( telescopic) Go under and poke red lead underneath where pin on top cap makes contact w battery .Hope that helps. (Whew, energy drinks!!!)

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013

I do not have the TNS ( that's a BUSY looking atty). Could that part be perhaps reverse threaded?

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
when i touch the leads together, i get 0.6Ω. So my atty resistance is 1.2Ω. The spring is continuous with the pos contact of the atty. Ω setting to 200. The cat serves absolutely no
purpose whatsoever... image.jpg This atty is getting recoiled, has a touch of hot spot/leg whatever. This is the Temon hybrid atty, from my Temon 14500 hybrid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I have every genny around and my favorite is the pulse genny, it's a clone from fasttech, you can run dual coils or one with the reducer, I run twisted 28ga single coil with the reducer, COTTON wick, I've actually been using cotton yarn from Walmart, it's fantastic, leave a couple inches in the tank.
u7ehutej.jpg

yra7yrab.jpg

I have a bunch of these pulse gennys, I find that preform the best with the above mentioned setup between 0.5 0hm and 0.70hm

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
sounds like my kind of build, a picture would be cool!

I'll get some pics when I can find a camera that does it justice.

I think I may have found a new contender for my favorite. Nano dragon autodripper. It's a pain to set up, but lordy lordy is it good.
I used 8 wraps of 28gauge on an 18gauge needle. Run the coils horizontal and tangential to the centre post, level with your air holes. Run the wick over the top of the coil, then around the outside past the negative lead, and tuck it back behind the second coil. This dual at .49 vapes like the quad I had above at .32. Only problem is it dries out a lot quicker with my kraken's smaller wick holes, and only half the wicking

zacwillnavy

Jan 21, 2014
Hawaii
Thanks guys. I'll try to soak it tonight and take it apart tomorrow. I have some ss rope but it is too long and i don't have the tools needed to cut it right now (forward deployed to the middle east) but hopefully i can get a rebuild on it soon because you guys have given me some great ideas. I have a Prometheus on the way and i hope to get crazy with the two of them. don't think anything will replace my Kayfun Lite + only because i'm on the go alot and all my genny's leak from the top if turned on the side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread