Need help finding a SS box for mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
I have an idea for a mod and I really need some advice on where I can find a small, say 2aa or 3aa battery stainless steel box for modding. It doesn't need any internals just the box would be fine.

Does ANYBODY know where I can find such a beast? do they even make one? I keep finding the standard aluminum and abs plastic but I already have a pile of them.

Thanks,

Steelrat

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
I know SS is heavy, don't care. I'm trying to make a signature line of mods and since my screen name is Steelrat, as in The Stainlees Steel Rat, I'm trying to design something around that theme.

Where I am located I really don't know too many people yet. I have seen LARGER boxes, and I mean REALLY LARGE, but there has got to be some smaller ones around. I've seen the business card size cases and the OMG it's frickin huge stuff, but there has got to be some kind of in-between ones too.

If anybody knows somebody who can work with SS, please let me know.

Steelrat

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
If your looking for something custom like that you are probably going to need a machine shop mill something on a CNC =] $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You aint whisling dixie there!
I just created a 4x2x1.5 box in emachineshop
box.jpg
and they wanted 700.00 for one. If you went up to 100 to be produced the cost dropped to 160 dollars a piece. Yeah 16,000 dollars for 100!
Dan

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
i still think take some 1/16 or 1/8" ss, and fab a box up, with a magnetic door will be your cleanest and cheapest way out. a little grinding of the corners and edges for a nice smooth bevel... if youd be interested give me some internal dimensions (WxLxH) and i can see if my dad has any plate around... i know he has SS pipe, but not sure on the SS plate, hit or miss. im laid off and could use some extra $$$ (or parts) :p

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
Medical boxes, check.

VWFringe, I really like those boxes but I can't seem to locate them directly on the site posted. Do you have a direct link?

As for size dimensions. LxWxH= 3x2x3/4

I have a small PCMCIA carrying case from a while back that serves me very well for carrying extra supplies. Extra carto, 3 3ml bottles of juice, toothpicks, small precut paper towels. It fits perfectly in my pocket.

I was staring at it wondering exactly how I could mod it for vaping:glare:. The thing can hold 3 eGo 650mah batteries and still close fully, with a little room to spare...so naturally it got me thinking. The pics show this units actual dimensions as 4x2 1/2x 3/4. I want my SS box to a bit smaller.

The pics I'm posting show the unit. The one with the unit open show 2 eGo batteries. The blue one is a 650mah and the white one is 900mah.
steelrat-albums-mod-ideas-picture42889-img-0520.jpg

steelrat-albums-mod-ideas-picture42890-img-0519.jpg

steelrat-albums-mod-ideas-picture42891-img-0518.jpg

Now, obviously an 18350 will not work in this mod. Smaller LiOn batteries with AA dimensions would. I'm willing to shave down the dimensions to make it lighter as SS can be a bit heavy.

I would like to use strong magnets to secure the 2 sides together, that way no broken hinges. Sliding door could work too but it would probably cost a small fortune to design it that way.

Any suggestions would most heartily appreciated.

Steelrat

VWFringe

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
South Orange County, CA
Here is the link to the pill box

...had another idea, lipstick cases will hold an 18650, i see them in fabric but think i've seen metal ones, kind of an odd shape, but perhaps...?
sp%20lipstick%20case.jpg

Silver Plated Lipstick Case

This stylish lipstick case has a mirror inside and is silver plated.
Measures 3.5"L x 1.25"W
Up to 3 lines of 18 characters each.
Note: Lipstick case is engraved on its flat bottom side. We can engrave either a three line inscription OR an Interlocking Monogram.

$24.99

silver-plated-lipstick-case.jpg

Silver Plated Lipstick Case
PRICE AND ORDER
£14.95

I was eyeing my wife's that looks like this...
lipstickcase_s.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread