Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Are you using a regular stingray clone, or a stingray x?

If it's the Stingray X, are you using the standard 510 top cap, or the hybrid adapter?

Is the switch on your stingray binding at all? Or does it have nice smooth travel?

Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the 510 connector on your IGO-W? For Stingray devices using the hybrid adapter, the 510 positive connection needs to extend beyond the threads.

Are your posts nice and tight on the IGO-W? Maybe you have an open connection somewhere?

Sorry for all the stupid questions :) Just trying to get a feel for what we're dealing with here and we can advise you better from there.

Welcome to ECF! Hope we can find out a solution for you!

IamCool

Apr 13, 2015
Are you using a regular stingray clone, or a stingray x?

If it's the Stingray X, are you using the standard 510 top cap, or the hybrid adapter?

Is the switch on your stingray binding at all? Or does it have nice smooth travel?

Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the 510 connector on your IGO-W? For Stingray devices using the hybrid adapter, the 510 positive connection needs to extend beyond the threads.

Are your posts nice and tight on the IGO-W? Maybe you have an open connection somewhere?

Sorry for all the stupid questions :) Just trying to get a feel for what we're dealing with here and we can advise you better from there.

Welcome to ECF! Hope we can find out a solution for you!
I am not sure which stingray it is, i know that is a black copper though. Yeah the switch is fine and the posts on my igo w are good.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
1179801-5.jpg

A $10 multimeter will tell you whether the voltage is reaching the top of the mod or not.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
There's only a handful of things that could be going wrong with a mechanical like this...

One thing you could try is removing the IGO-W from the 510 connection of the Stingray. Then use your thumb to push the center pin of the stingray 510 connection all the way up. Put your IGO-W back on and allow it to push the pin back down.

When you insert the battery into the stingray are you putting it in from the 510 connection? Or are you removing the switch and inserting it from the bottom?

You should be putting it in from the bottom, and when you install the switch, make sure it's nice and snug.

If none of these things work, I would check your build again on the IGO. I'd also look into getting both an ohm reader and a multimeter. About $30 worth of test equipment that can be very helpful when troubleshooting these types of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread