need help guys pls..pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
First off, I highly recommend buying an Ohm meter if you do not already own one, and to read up on battery safety and ohms law. Baditude has a great blog on here with many links, and is an expert on battery safety. I would take his word as gold. I would provide a link, but on my phone at the moment.

Second, as for the battery being 40 amps, I highly doubt that it is rated for that many amps continuously. I would say that figure is a pulse rating, and would bet that the CONTINUOUS rating (aka the one that you need to pay attention to) is around 20 amps. I have not heard of an 18650 battery being rated that high, and relying on the pulse rating is inherently dangerous, since peoples' definition of pulse varies wildly.

Third, for coil building advice or ideas, I would consult Youtube and look up Rip Trippers or Grimm Green. I am a visual person, and they have videos that you can build along with and pause when needed. I would recommend a simple build at first, before trying anything fancy. Also, I would watch the video first, and then play it again to follow along, so that you know what you are getting into.

Finally, while it may come across that I am being mean or harsh, please don't take it that way. I am just concerned for your well-being and making sure that you vape safely. I love dripping, but only when done in a safe manner by a knowledgeable vaper.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey and that you will take my advice to heart.

If you have further questions or want to show off your first build (after doing your homework of course ;) ) feel free to post here and it will show up in my updates.

Happy vaping!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
If you are new to mech mods and rebuildables I highly recommend you spend some time with Baditude (our resident battery expert) and visit his blogs. You are now 100% in control of your own safety (and others around you). Make sure you purchase an ohm reader and a voltmeter or DMM so you can measure your builds, check for shorts and measure the remaining charge on your batteries. Battery safety, ohm's law, amp draw, etc. are essential that you know inside/out before you begin rebuilding.

Baditudes Blogs. The blogs regarding mods and rebuildables are listed below.

BATTERIES

9. Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?
* Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

11. Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
* For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, and ICR batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating?

12. Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 2
* Protected vs unprotected batteries - what's the difference? Ohm's Law 101. What is an AW battery? What is an inline fuse? What is stacking batteries?

17. Purple Efest Batteries Not As Advertised
* A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.

OHM'S LAW

14. Ohm's Law for Dummies (Vapers)
* My attempt at explaining Ohm's Law in layman terms and how it relates to vaping.

16. Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
* As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Warning: Includes graphic photos of mod explosions.

MECHANICAL MODS & REBUILDABLES

7. Information Resources for Your First RBA
* An essential read and reference guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

15. Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup
* A response to the frequently asked question on how to get into rebuildable atomizers with a mechanical mod inexpensively. Includes a list of commonly used tools and supplies for rebuilding and where to find them.

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

How to Spot Fake Sony Batteries

Sony Real vs Fake.jpg

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread