need help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ease21

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ottawa
First go to the diy section of ecf... read the stickies on making juice... also, a good juice calc is necessary. Start around ten percent, flavor is a very subjective thing though. And please be careful with nic base, be sure you know what concentration youre working with and what you want as your final result. Ive been mixing juice for a long time and if ive learned anything its to be careful with high concentrations of nic.

Thanks ease21, its a 18mg 60/40pg/vg base. I've tried the calculators and most don't let u input that your using a premixed nic base. I ordered 18mg pg/vga so I wouldn't have to dilute it, just add flavor. How do you mix your juice? I've got some capellas banana,coconut,and graham cracker, mocha flavors on the way. Any suggestions? Say for a 30ml bottle, how much nic base,how much flavor? Sorry for all the questions, just confused.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Google the ejuice calculator application "EJuice Me Up". The amount of flavor you need to add varies with the manufacturer, the specific flavor and your taste, so there's no set answer. I haven't used Capella's flavors much, so I don't even have a good guess. Someone is sure to chime in with better info on that.

Will a mod maybe move this thread to the DIY forum?

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
If you are using the ejuice me up calc put the nic base you have on top line and leave target strength blank, then continue on. Should work for pre-mix nic.

It wont let you do that, unfortunately. The assumption built into eJuice Me Up is that you are driving toward a final nic level. He's kind of going at it the other way...starting with premix 18% nic and going to end up with something lower based on how much flavor he adds.

hoofhearted74 - try this: Start with 15 ml of base and add 10 drops of your flavoring. That will give you a 10% flavor level. Mix, try it, and add drops to taste. If you let me know how many drops per 15 ml ends up tasting right, I'll tell you the approximate percentage you like of that flavor. PM me if you want me to send you a quick and dirty spreadsheet that will do the math for you.

Also remember that the more flavor you add, the lower your final nicotine level will be. I understand that you are taking this approach to make it simpler, but you're actually making it more complicated to get the nicotine level you're accustomed to. The calculators (I think you kinda said this above) all assume you want to specify the final nic level and are built that way.

I'm not that experienced with DIY, and there are many others who are here and can help you. Given your starting assumptions though, this should get you an answer to your original question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread