Need help with burning taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoox

Mar 14, 2015
Georgia
I've had my KangerTech EMOW for about 3 weeks now, but I haven't used it much, as I upgraded to a box mod. Anyway, I started using my EMOW again just because it had a flavor in it that I preferred over my current one, and I noticed a very noticeable burnt taste. I removed the wick/coil to realize that it looked completely burnt out, so I replaced it. Unfortunately, the burnt taste is still here. After priming it for a couple of minutes, I still had no luck to get rid of this burnt taste. I'm really new to this stuff, so I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions/tips on how to fix this problem.

Also, it is probably important that I mention that all of the parts for this pen are those that come with the starter kit for the KangeTech EMOW.

Edit: The burnt taste isn't that bad now, but I can barely even taste the flavor (blueberry), and it tastes very bitter.

Hoox

Mar 14, 2015
Georgia
I did everything you guys suggested, but the problem was completely opposite of what I first thought. The tank for my EMOW can be used on my other rig, and I used it with it the other night. Apparently, some of the guys getting drags of it amped up the vv and vw to ridiculous level, while the coil wasn't designed to burn that high. I just got a new wick/coil and it works good as new now. Thanks for the feedback though!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi, I'm using a Kanger subtank mini, I just changed the cotton from the coil, and i feel a burning taste similarly when you dont have liquid in the tank, it's possible that I did the wicking wrong? Or what could I do? It feels horrible on my throat. Thanks
It's possible you did the wicking wrong. Did somebody mess with your tank while you weren't looking? Adding PG or PGA would up the throat hit considerably. Open it up and look at the wick. If it's burned, you did it wrong, and try again. If not, bump the tank, wash, and refill with fresh juice. That might fix it.

Reactions: Bait774799
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread