Need help with Kanger ProTank Replacement Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone, I am new here and new to vaping. I hope I am posting in the right forum section. If not then I apologize in advance.

I just bought my first vap battery the joyetech ego c upgrade. I have been using the I clear 16 and wanted to try the Kanger Protank. One thing I don't understand is the coil resistance. They come in 1.8ohm, 2.2ohm, 2.4ohm etc. I believe the kanger protank comes with the 2.0 or 2.2 coil to start with. I wanted to buy replacements as well. The problem is I don't understand the difference and which ones to buy. For my type of battery do I need to go with the lower end? Or will the higher ones like 2.2ohm work? Are the higher ohm made for bigger batteries only?

Sorry I am very confused. If anyone could be provide me with a detailed response I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

I will be using Flavorz by joe for my liquid.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
welcome to the forum I would go with the lower end or the middle or a few of each to see which ones you like best. it's been my experience with 2.4ohms is they start there and start climbing up before they pop on me not a big deal to me because I use VV and VW PVs but if your 2.4 ohm coil started reading at 3.6 ohms then your vape quality would go down.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
basically ohms measure the coils resistance to heat.....more ohms= need for more heat= need for stronger battery
with more experience you will find the resistance that you like more...at low ohms and high voltage you will burn up juice, at high ohm and low voltage you will not get enough vapor, so....with a 1.8 ohm coil you should be good, i remember starting out with those and working my way through variable voltage batteries to find my preferred setting for optimal juice flavor
...today...after a few months vaping i worked my way to... View attachment 208291

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Sorry, just thought of another question. Should I buy stronger battery where I can change the voltage, what voltage should I keep the battery at with a 2.2 - 2.4 ohms coil?

Thanks again
yes....you should order an ego twist...so u can change the voltage (or a knock off brand)
u will enjoy the experience MUCH more....
with the 3.3 volt 1.8 ohms is ok...not more..
get a vision spinner, or ego twist...then u have a WIDE range of options....

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
a vision spinner or ego twist is cost effective, lasts a long time....volts range from 3.2 to 4.8 that covers a wide range of ohms....basically anything you will use for a LONG time...unless you plan on using dual coils or super low ohms.....which u wont for a while...
order online....save money, get 2 twist or spinner batteries and a charger....they will last u forever i still use mine..

Colonel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
New jersey
If you have the Ego upgrades, then you can increase the voltage...you can use it at 3.3ish volts (white led button) or increase it to 4.4 (or something around there) and that will show an orange led button.......Turn off battery (5 clicks), hold down button until it blinks orange, turn battery back on (5 clicks). Notice when you push the button it glows orange now, that is high voltage mode.

2.2ohm ce's can perform better at the hicgher voltage. lower 1.8ohm type stuff is better off on the lower voltage.

I use LR protanks on my ego style batteries all day. 1.8ohm. And you can rebuild them but you can also just purchase new heads for them cheap easy enough.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
If you've got the extra $$, I'd get a Vision Spinner. I have 3 and love them! The higher the mAh, the longer battery life. Here's a link to the 1300mAH...I can Vape a good day and a half before needing to charge.

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh

With one of these, you can Vape the 1.8, 2.4, or 2.8 no problems with any of them. Myvaporstore is a really good vendor that usually ships the same day you order, if ordered early enough in the day. (or at least has every order I've placed with them)

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
If you've got the extra $$, I'd get a Vision Spinner. I have 3 and love them! The higher the mAh, the longer battery life. Here's a link to the 1300mAH...I can Vape a good day and a half before needing to charge.

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh

With one of these, you can Vape the 1.8, 2.4, or 2.8 no problems with any of them. Myvaporstore is a really good vendor that usually ships the same day you order, if ordered early enough in the day. (or at least has every order I've placed with them)

First thank you all again for your replies. I saw the chart but was just curious if I buy the spinner what voltage are you guys using for each of ohms ( 1.8 2.4 2.8 ) on ? Is it safe to say any ohm over 2.0 use 4V or higher ?

Lafingriot

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Kempton, PA
First thank you all again for your replies. I saw the chart but was just curious if I buy the spinner what voltage are you guys using for each of ohms ( 1.8 2.4 2.8 ) on ? Is it safe to say any ohm over 2.0 use 4V or higher ?

I adjust my voltage to taste really currently using kanger protanks with 2.4 ohm attys and with my caramel apple juice I like it at 4.2 volts. Same 2.4 ohm atty using ecto cooler juice I vape a t 3.8 volts only because I feel it bring out the flavor better. Start off low and work your way up till you hit your sweet spot. Enjoy!

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I rarely ever use anything but the 2.4 and I find most of my juices taste great around 4.3-4.8. My husband likes 2.8 at 4.8-5.3 (he's got a Kgo VV that goes to 6 volt) I tried the 1.8 a couple times, but just didn't do it for me at how low you should keep your voltages using the 1.8. Every one is different though...like someone else stated, just start out low, take a couple drags, if you don't say, Wow, that was good, Spin the Voltage up a bit and try again...and keep doing it that way until you find your sweet spot.

MeLovesVapour_87

Feb 25, 2013
Victoria
The ego c upgrade has to modes. It has a variable voltage mode. But you can't "choose" the voltage like you can on the spinner. Basically is you put it on variable, the battery (starting from a full charge) will kick out its maximum voltage, which is (I think) 4.2V. So you'll start with 4.2V and as the battery slowly discharges/dies, the voltage will go down. As apposed to constant mode where you would get 3.3V throughout the life of the charge. This is the battery I started out with. And moved on to the Vision spinner variable voltage. I choose that one because its cost effective, and has the highest battery capacity at 1300mAh. I think the ego twist is 1000mAh.

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread