Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:
From your description, it sounds like you bought an rba (ReBuildable Atomizer).

:danger: Just from your questions, you don't sound like you are ready for this type of device. These are for advanced vapors who have educated themselves to know how to use these safely. Educate yourself thoroughly before attempting to tackle one of these.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html

sorry i had a picture attached and i was on my phone i guess it didnt upload it.
rebuildableatomizer.jpg

I know there are different types of wires that you can use and certain ways to wire up the wick. Im pretty sure I watched a whole hour long video a few months back Igetcha69 posted on youtube on one of these i just dont remember what model it is.

Was just wondering if anyone knew a good vid link on wrapping one of these suckas up. I also might need to figure out what kind of wick it uses im pretty sure it looks kind of like whats used to wick ink in one of those cheap markers... however im pretty sure that might be wrong. I agree im totally out of my zone here any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Found it.

Turns out many use "ceramic" or "ss mesh"
Heres a link to sources for it on this forum
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-cigarette-forum.com%2Fforum%2Frebuildable-atomizer-systems%2F311620-where-get-ss-mesh-325-400-please-list-sources-here.html&ei=83fSUcL6D6SZyAH_zoHoBw&usg=AFQjCNG4nuDCgCZ29VExa11P_SklA8bq9w&sig2=2MxNkWwDx0wfJmyEWXCW7Q&bvm=bv.48572450,d.aWc&cad=rja

as far as the metal coil some use Kanthal resistance wire. Im pretty sure i read somewhere that there are different types..

Anyone have any stories to share if you've messed with this sort of thing?

Benjaimin

May 23, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
I'd stick with something simple to use and cheap, until you could do a sit down with someone in your area that has a lot of experience with RBAs. Look for a local shop in your area, and ask the people working there to help.. (I am a hands on learner, as to why I say this). Also I've noticed that people that vape, tend to be nice. So I am sure they will help

Wanted to go with something "better" however I was unaware it didnt come with the wick or the wire... What do I need to get this suckah started? Its one of those atomizers that has a pole thats the wick and the wire wraps around a center positive post im clueless any help would be great thanks.

What type of Mod are you using? Typically speaking most Mod's will have some type of safeguard in them, providing protection from potential "safety" issues. The only downside is that your coil will need to be higher in resistance than many of the tutorials on here will be setting there Rebuildable Atomizers at (RBA's)

You'll need several items, google the name of your RBA and you can see it being setup in a video somewhere on the net. Kidneypuncher.com is good for the supplies...

Brace yourself, there's a learning curve involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread