Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellysleep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lynchburg,VA,USA
I got my IBTanked in the mail yesterday primed it inserted filled tank finished assembling......waited vaped.......WONDERFUL fast toward 8 hrs still same tank of juice but now gurgling and getting juice in mouth......unscrewed and juice is pooled in the well of the threading......dried out put back together happened again......what do I do to get it to stop leaking out the bottom? I tried blowing threw thr drip tip into a napkin and tons of juice is coming out. Any and all help welcome.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
What pg/vg ratio are you using, and how many holes are punched in your carto. I haven't got my IBTank yet but all tanks pretty much work the same, and the only things that have caused flooding in my tanks is the orings are not sealing, or the juice is too thin for the size holes, or number of holes in the carto. First thing I'd try is to take the caps off and rinse and clean the orings, and re-install and see if that works. Hopefully someone else will come along with some more ideas. Hope this helps.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
If you got the refilling drip tip you can use that to lower the cartomizer enough to get the holes outside of the tank. Then you can blow it clear or vape it like that since that tip is still sticking out enough. I would vape it dry myself taking care not to lay it down while the top of the cartomizer is not sealed. When you note the flavor beginning to change it means the cartomizer is running out, lower the tank back on and give it another shot.

I have seen many with flooding problems fixed by changing out the inside top cap oring. If that gets clipped then it can let in extra air when your draw pulls a vacuum on the tank. That would cause excessive liquid to be brought in.

You mentioned though that it was working fine then became troublesome. I am guessing this was with no filling between so maybe not an oring issue. Also going to guess that the tank was vaped down low before it started flooding. If so then was there a big temperature swing? Even just being exposed to sunlight the glass can magnify the heat. If there is a lot of air (ie low tank) the air can expand and force liquid out. If I am going to set my device down for awhile (it happens sometimes) and the tank is low I will usually lay it down or even with the tip pointing down so the liquid is not at the holes, this way it cannot wick into the cartomizer at all even if the air pressure inside changes.

Last thing I can think of is if your vaping style is just very slightly over drawing liquid in it could have taken awhile to get to flooded condition. Long slow very light draws will force it leaner where stiff hard short draws will run it wetter. Might be that you just need to adjust this a little in how you vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread